Author Topic: Just had surgery  (Read 5466 times)

Offline Swim

• Posting Member
Just had my surgery 1 hour ago, and i'm at home, feeling not too bad!!  I am on vicadin (sp) though.  

When I first went in, he though it was lipo only, but today before the surgery, he felt gland, so he removed the gland and did lipo!!  

The surgery ALL TOGETHER was $1200 + $50 for a vest.  It was in-office.

Here is a picture i took of the gland he removed:

Offline brama

• Bronze Member
Where did you get your surgery for that phenomenal price?
Congrats to you!!

Offline Swim

• Posting Member
Where did you get your surgery for that phenomenal price?
Congrats to you!!

I'm in Portland Oregon.  The doctor's name is Dr Canepa

Yeah, I thought the price might be cheaper because when he set that price in stone, he thought it was lipo only.  But when the sergury came, he found the gland and took it out also! ;D

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member

I'm in Portland Oregon.  The doctor's name is Dr Canepa

Yeah, I thought the price might be cheaper because when he set that price in stone, he thought it was lipo only.  But when the sergury came, he found the gland and took it out also! ;D

Do you have an email address to contact this doc? If no, can you possibly get one? I have been searching everywhere for it.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Here is a picture i took of the gland he removed:

U took the pic?

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Swim

• Posting Member

U took the pic?

John.

Haha yup I did, after the surgery i got up and asked if i could take a pic.  i have a camera phone  :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Cool....

I wasn't allowed to see mine....   :-/

John.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Swim, how good were the results you got. Was this guy a decent surgeon. Could I possibly get the surgery for under $1500 like you since I only have gland and he would only have to do minor lipo. With the pics you took it looks like he did the job. Removed the gland and lipoed some fat out. Just wondering because my insurance company is giving me weird vibes and I actually have pain from my glands. I just need them removed and if they are slow I can handle a small expense out of my pocket. I just need them removed badly. Let me know because I would keep this in mind.

Offline Swim

• Posting Member
Swim, how good were the results you got. Was this guy a decent surgeon. Could I possibly get the surgery for under $1500 like you since I only have gland and he would only have to do minor lipo. With the pics you took it looks like he did the job. Removed the gland and lipoed some fat out. Just wondering because my insurance company is giving me weird vibes and I actually have pain from my glands. I just need them removed and if they are slow I can handle a small expense out of my pocket. I just need them removed badly. Let me know because I would keep this in mind.

So far the results are good, i mean its only been 4 days or so.   I'm sure i'm still either filled with liquid or swollen still, but it has slowly been going away.  As far as i can tell, i have no more puffy nips  ;D  I still have the band-aid things, or white strips over the incision, and i'm still swollen, but i like my results so far!!  Man this vest is itchy.  

He quoted me at $1200 when he though it was lipo only, and when i got there he felt a gland so he just removed that also, i'm not sure if the price wouldve changed if he knew there was a gland there when he gave me the "set in stone" price.  

Good luck!! if ya have any more questions, just ask!

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
I have a few more questions. Did he give you local anestia or general? How long about did your procedure take? Has he done more of these surgeries in the past? And I know your probably not sure but, how much more do you think he would have charged you for a small amount of gland removal had he have known before time? Just wondering all this because he would be an alternative back up option because the price is very low. Also, is he just a cheaper surgeon or did you just get a lower price somehow? Because $1200 is cheap I am not saying impossible but, a very good and impossible to beat price. Let me know man, Thanks

Offline IlluminaZero

• Bronze Member
  • What the hell is YaBB 1G - SP1!?
If the operation went perfectly... You have a swarm of dudes that are extremely jealous of you!!! >:( DAMN YOU!!!!  ;D

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Hey Swin I need some clarifiation on my last set of questions.

Offline Swim

• Posting Member
I have a few more questions. Did he give you local anestia or general? How long about did your procedure take? Has he done more of these surgeries in the past? And I know your probably not sure but, how much more do you think he would have charged you for a small amount of gland removal had he have known before time? Just wondering all this because he would be an alternative back up option because the price is very low. Also, is he just a cheaper surgeon or did you just get a lower price somehow? Because $1200 is cheap I am not saying impossible but, a very good and impossible to beat price. Let me know man, Thanks

I had local anestia, which kind of hurt as i said above, the expanding of the skin because so much liquid, but after that i didnt feel a thing.  It took a little over an hour for the whole thing, then I got up and walked out.  he has done these surgeries in the past, but i had not seen pictures of his past patients.  He seemed very trust worthy, and like many people i was desprite haha.  No idea on the price change if he knew there was gland.  The main reason why I think it was so cheap was because it was IN-OFFICE, meaning no hospital bill for the room and such.  I have no idea how he came up with 1200.  I went in there and I was going to ask him about insurance coverage, and he said right off the bat that they weren't going to pay for it.  But i told him i was a college student and such and he said alright... well i can do it for $1200.  but you also have to pay for the vest.    So thats how it happened.  Also I had to make the appointment for surgery around 2 months in advance.

Hope this helps!

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member
Swim,

Do you have an email address to contact this doc? If no, can you possibly get one? I have been searching everywhere for it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024