Author Topic: My story and how I've come to love my breast  (Read 7562 times)

Offline Mathia

I figured I have lurked long enough. I'm a young middle aged male who has always had a problem with weight. It was a few years ago that changes were noticed and a visit with an endocrinologist was scheduled. My T was on the lower end but still within an "acceptable" range. 

Fast forward a few years, I noticed symptoms of my "mobs" to include itching nipples and breast, a "hard round mass" under my nipples, and after some period of time enlargement of my breast. I hid the enlargement well, my wife never said anything although I noticed the changes, gradually over time. While overweight, I am still very active and activities like running, working on the farm, etc., all added pain to my breast. I tried the vest, sports bras, you name it and to nothing was comfortable! One day I allowed the fears of my condition to be pushed aside and visited a high end boutique specializing in small to large sized bras. I met several younger ladies who understood, reassured me and helped me to find the right sized bra. I was in disbelief... A 42E bra. It took me several months of trying smaller sized bras, talking with the ladies on "A BraThatFits" on Reddit and several other blogs, to understand "sister sizing" and after wearing several high end bras in the correct size for some time, I have come to love my large breast. 

I wear larger clothes and tend to wear thicker material to hide my straps. I have slowly been talking to both close male and female friends that I trust. I continue to work with my endo. However it's now a fact of life that I have enlarging breast and with the inversion of T to E, it does not look like there is any end in sight. Surgery is out of the question as are other treatments for the high E and low T due to other medical factors. I continue to notice my nipples enlarging and my areola enlarging and flattening out.

I have had my first mammogram, appeared to be more embarrassing for the female radiological technician then me. She was careful to also ensure no ladies were in the waiting room, as she did not want either of us to be embarrassed. I laughed and told her while I appreciate her concern, that once you've seen one breast you've seen them all, she chuckled! I was later greeted by the radiologist who confirmed what I had already known, I have gynecomastia! He then explained what I already knew, having read a lot and educated myself on the condition.

I thought I would share a few photos of my breast, both clad and unclad!  I'm not sure how large they will get but they continue to grow and the tissue itself has doubled in the past 6 months.

I brought this all to the attention of my wife awhile back, she didn't believe my breast were large enough for a bra, but I explained to her the need for support due to the jiggling and pain I was feeling. I explained my trying both the vest, compression shorts and that bras have been the most comfortable. She has been accepting but appears to still have a difficult time with my wearing a bra. When intimate she still struggles today with my breast and wants nothing to do with removing my bra or with my chest.  

I tell you all this today because I believe it is time that society and especially other men, know that men with breast are still men! Having, growing and living with breast does not have to be a curse! There is support (no pun intended) here and elsewhere! Wether surgery is an option for you or not, small, large, sexual, non sexual; they are just breast!

I hope in some way my post has and will help other men to come to love their bodies and their breast! Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to share my story with you.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Everyone here obviously has a choice -- to live with their gyne or to do something about it.  Obviously, you have made your choice -- congratulations.
But for many others who may read this account, I wish to offer a different point of view:  in less than two hours, your gyne could be surgically removed and you would not have to deal with all the problems of extra clothing, buying bras that fit, etc, etc. -- for the rest of your life.
Just food for thought.
Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline jdb

• Posting Member
I am supprised that you are a 42E. I am a 38D or 38DD and my breast appears much larger than yours.  It does not look like you would past the pencil test, i.e. A pencil put under your breast would just fall out as you have little fold.  I could put a handfull under mine, yet I am a smaller size?  It seems to me that the measurments were wrong.

hammer

I didnt take the time to read the entire story, but I have to agree about what jdb, said about the size! I'm a 46H and those are no E!

You can see my pix in to places. My story after all these years, in stories, and in bigger then I thought, in aceptance.

You may want to get a formal fitting if you are in fact not going to have surgery and need the support for comfort.

Offline Mathia

I didnt take the time to read the entire story, but I have to agree about what jdb, said about the size! I'm a 46H and those are no E!

You may want to get a formal fitting if you are in fact not going to have surgery and need the support for comfort.

Hammer, I have been fitted several times, professionally, and while the photos don't look like I'm and E cup, that's what fits, I've tried much smaller cups and all are just that, too small. I've always had a toned chest and that's one reason why I am told my breast don't yet sag, also the breast tissue extends beyond the breast and into/under my armpits.

Offline Mathia

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Everyone here obviously has a choice -- to live with their gyne or to do something about it.  Obviously, you have made your choice -- congratulations.
But for many others who may read this account, I wish to offer a different point of view:  in less than two hours, your gyne could be surgically removed and you would not have to deal with all the problems of extra clothing, buying bras that fit, etc, etc. -- for the rest of your life.
Just food for thought.
Dr Jacobs

Thank you Dr, Jacobs for the post. As I stated in my original post, due to medical conditions, I am unable to move on with any medical intervention in regards to removed. I am sure we all have reasons, regardless, and dr. Jacobs is correct, we all have to make our own decisions based on the best needs for ourselves. I believe in being educated and weighing all available options and hope everyone else would as well.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024