Author Topic: How Long Will I Have To Wait?  (Read 4009 times)

Offline User

• Bronze Member
Once I see a surgeon how long does it take for the actual surgery to happen?
Surgery date: February 8, 2006

Offline User

• Bronze Member
Sounds like you're in a rush. Have you thoroughly researched your condition and all your options first? It's generally a good idea.

Did I ask someone to help me re-evaluate my decision to have surgery or try to guess my emotional/physical state?

Offline User

• Bronze Member
Jesus, do you need to come into my thread just to screw with me?  I just want a generalized time frame so I can have an idea how long this will take.

Please don't respond unless you have something positive to say.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 04:53:14 AM by User »

Offline User

• Bronze Member
I was curious how long it took other people to schedule surgery, etc.  Nothing more.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
User, it depends on which doctor you chose to go to and when they're booking for.  It may take from a couple weeks to a few months.

Offline ss14

• Posting Member
Graham, you have some issues.  I don't know what besides deep-seated jealousy could make you want to start petty arguments just to espouse your anti-surgery viewpoint.  

Offline User

• Bronze Member

Just another lemming. Be fair and say something similar to the gays on this thread.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1127003868

There's the real reason.  Graham thinks I'm gay so he's being a jerk to me in a thread I started.

And to anticipate his response, why did he just post that link in my thread?  There's no other reason than trying to take out some personal anger at me because I criticize him in that thread.  

Graham, does that justify you flooding one of my personal posts?  This is a sensitive issue and your lack of compassion is alarming.  Take a look in the mirror man.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 03:00:04 AM by User »

Offline User

• Bronze Member

Cut the bullshit. Every two bit fucker on this forum has had his shot at me one way or another about something or other even before you were ever here. They basically hate me because I don't advocate surgery. You're just somewhere down there on the list. Don't flatter yourself.

Dude, you've got some serious problems and it has nothing to do with whether or not you support surgery.

Posting anti-surgery comments or other advice where it isn't asked for is one thing, but you've come in here and been really rude for no reason.

You need to re-think why you're on this website in the first place.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
It usually takes anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months on average. They have to draw blood and do tests so there is a 5 day waiting period automatically. So the earliest you could get it if the surgeon wasn't busy would be a week later and if the surgeon was very busy about a month or two later. Graham I don't know whats up you say everyone has had a go at you on this board. I have never said nothing to you before and maybe you should just get the surgery or something because you don't sound to happy and are pissed about something. I am just making a suggestion if something is bothering you take care of it. That is why everyone wants surgery it bothers the crap out of them and they want to take care of it. And if they don't they just will be an angry person who despises their gyne in the back of their head. Gyne isn't fun and a lot of people are pretty pissy about it. And when one of those members gets a surgery and is so happy and is feeling great it just brings tears to your eyes. It is just so good to see someone who struggled with something beat it and be happier in life. Gyne made me so angry before I even knew what it was. My friends would taunt me for hours and it got so sickening and I was so mad. I had to find something to beat it. Gyne never looked right or felt right to me and I can't stand it. If you don't want surgery and are that strong more power to ya but, gyne can take even the most powerful of guys to their knees begging for answers. The thing is when you have a gut someone points to you as having a little extra weight around. But, when you have breasts everyone looks at you differently and this kid I knew that has a bad case of gyne got made fun of today by this girl I knew in class. And I told her to cool it. I can tell you it bothers this kid and I am going to help him if he wants help. I hate to see people suffer the consequences from having a thing they weren't meant to have. Just my point of view and I am not trying to pick a fight with anyone.

Offline User

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the response nothingworse.

It's cool that you stood up for that guy in class.  I've had people stand up for me in the past and it really gave me a serge of confidence.  Most people don't realize how much it hurts to have gyne or how much a little support can mean to someone.

Offline User

• Bronze Member
That thread was a public thread, not a personal question.  I think the links should've been removed, but I was alarmed at the homophobia in the thread (two separate issues).  So I called you out on it because your OP unnecessarily helped to instigate it.  All I was met with was swears, attacks on my character and you absurdly implying that I was trying to keep the links up.  I didn't follow you into other threads and I didn't try to rally people against you.

I don't want to have any grudges.  This is a support site and god knows us gyne-sufferers have enough stress to begin with.  So let's just shake hands and go our separate ways.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 02:23:09 PM by User »

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
User,

Thanks for the reply. I never call people names, mess with people, or just be an a** to people. That kid I was talking about has good confidence but, I can tell he doesn't like his perdiciment with his gyne. That girl was one I knew very well and she said she would stop but, she kept going on with me about how he can have bigger breasts than her. I said it is a condition that isn't talked about often that happens to some guys. She understood and everything was cool. I never name call, I will joke around but, in a fun way not a mean way. I have a mild case of gyne but, wear a vest so it looks like I don't have gyne even without it I wouldn't have much but, its there. My goal is to get this problem solved, get more people to know about it, hopefully some day they can perfect a natural cure for it but, I hate gyne and what its done to many people and how it affected my life on a daily basis. It was always a dream for me to wake up without this crap on my chest and never hear another bs comment about it. Now the comments are gone and I am about 1 month away from surgery. Finally I can get on with my life. The kid who was being made fun of was overweight so I am sure he would get great benefit from weight loss. I just hope he gets his life sorted and enjoys the rest of it with his problems taken care of. I just hate seeing people mess with kids at school and people being total a**es these days. I have gained a lot of reputation over the past 2 years and now I am pretty popular. Some people call me psycho, some call me the white rapper, and other nicknames but, I slowly earned my respect. But, still after you earn it each year there are new kids that want to test your respect. There is one kid that did and he since hasn't done anything but, if he did it would be on. This is my last year in high school and I don't want anymore crap. I want to get my life sorted, problems taken care of, a good job, and a nice looking future. Gyne has made a lot of those visions sad but, knowing it will soon be over brightens those dreams.

Offline User

• Bronze Member
User,

Thanks for the reply. I never call people names, mess with people, or just be an a** to people. That kid I was talking about has good confidence but, I can tell he doesn't like his perdiciment with his gyne. That girl was one I knew very well and she said she would stop but, she kept going on with me about how he can have bigger breasts than her. I said it is a condition that isn't talked about often that happens to some guys. She understood and everything was cool. I never name call, I will joke around but, in a fun way not a mean way. I have a mild case of gyne but, wear a vest so it looks like I don't have gyne even without it I wouldn't have much but, its there. My goal is to get this problem solved, get more people to know about it, hopefully some day they can perfect a natural cure for it but, I hate gyne and what its done to many people and how it affected my life on a daily basis. It was always a dream for me to wake up without this crap on my chest and never hear another bs comment about it. Now the comments are gone and I am about 1 month away from surgery. Finally I can get on with my life. The kid who was being made fun of was overweight so I am sure he would get great benefit from weight loss. I just hope he gets his life sorted and enjoys the rest of it with his problems taken care of. I just hate seeing people mess with kids at school and people being total a**es these days. I have gained a lot of reputation over the past 2 years and now I am pretty popular. Some people call me psycho, some call me the white rapper, and other nicknames but, I slowly earned my respect. But, still after you earn it each year there are new kids that want to test your respect. There is one kid that did and he since hasn't done anything but, if he did it would be on. This is my last year in high school and I don't want anymore crap. I want to get my life sorted, problems taken care of, a good job, and a nice looking future. Gyne has made a lot of those visions sad but, knowing it will soon be over brightens those dreams.

You sound like you're on the right track now.  Using your respect/popularity at school to stop bullying is very commendable.   I can relate to your comment about wishing that you'd wake up one morning without gyne.  Hopefully, once we both get surgery that dream will come true.

Was telling that girl that gyne was a medical condition really helpful?  I'd be afraid that she'd try to use it against him and start spreading rumors that he was diseased or something.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
User,

Your probably right about it not being necessary saying it is a medical condition. But, I just had to get the bs off this kid. I hate it when people are tormented for like 10 minutes straight and no one does anything. I think though since this kid was a freshman he should start now on the path of doing what he can. I did every year and each summer I came back to school changed in some way achieving something and making new friends. It slowly but, surely climed and escalated to higher popularity and more respect. So things worked out for the most part for me. He could also start on that track. I am sure glad I did. I used to be someone who walked the streets, got in trouble daily, got bad grades, and had low self esteem. I made a mistake and now I am coming back and this year better than ever. Anyways the girl won't spread rumors and she is one of not to many you can trust. She doesn't gossip like most people and has changed her act for the most part as well. I have waited forever for the day to come to wake up without gyne (8 years now) and soon it will be a reality. I think if I didn't do what I did and take those important steps and changes I wouldn't be here today. Good luck on getting your surgery and I hope your dream will soon be a reality about waking up gyne free soon. Good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024