Author Topic: ideal weight for surgery?  (Read 2354 times)

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Is their an ideal surgical weight or bodyfat % that a person could be when having surgery to get the best possible outcome. I usually keep trim but have put on a bit of weight as i thought this would be better for me when having surgery. My reasoning was that as i get older i will likely put on a bit of weight and obviously the more i get lipo'd now the less chance i have of putting fat back on in that area.

However does being fatter make it harder for the surgeon to get the best result?

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Depends on your height and body type. A normal good bodyfat level is about 13-18%. And as long as you are not obese or have an extra 60 pounds plus hanging around surgery would be right for ya. For example if you are 5'11" and an ideal weight would be somewhere around 160-170 if you are more than 200 pounds I would try a little weight loss first but, that is just an example it all depends on what you are. Thick build, medium build, or small frame. Weight can differ emensly. I don't know about packing on weight before surgery it is definetely not bad but, I would lose a little before surgery to get the best results. Gaining a little weight wouldn't make much more work for the surgeon but, it depends on where you put on fat the most. A little weight gain would mean a little more fat to lipo out or none depending on the area you put on fat the easiest. I would diet and get into the best possible shape before surgery. You will like your results better and you will be getting rid of you gyne and some extra pounds all at the same time to create a whole new you. Just maintain a good balanced diet and get enough excercise in. Don't overdue it because you wan't to keep your strength up for surgery for fastest recovery time. Trust me a little bit of weight loss and gyne surgery together can be a good thing. I lost weight and I really didn't need to but, it helped a bit and I felt better about myself. And now I am having surgery in about a month and since I have almost finished working on my body and toning it up I will have a nice new chest to match. So go for the gold and do what you can the more you do the more satisfied you will be. Good luck to you and with your surgery in the upcoming future.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
many thanks man

you too

btw im 5'11 80kg right now but about 2 months ago i was weighing in at 65kg which was to light but i did the no carb thing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024