Author Topic: BEST Surgery Experience with Dr. Miguel Delgado (California, USA) [With Pics]  (Read 3103 times)

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
BEST Surgery Experience with Dr. Miguel Delgado (California, USA) [With Pics]
Finally, I get to post my Gynecomastia Surgery experience instead of reading everyone else's experiences and thinking if I should have it done or not.. My one piece of advice is to just get the consultation at least.. I wish I got this done a long time ago.

I live in LA, i'm 20 years old, ever since I could remember I've been overweight and it's not until recently  (within the last 2 years) I've lost over 100 pounds, It wasn't easy but I did it, I tried every way possible to lose the gynecomastia, every chest workout/exercises to reduce the size, exercising/eating healthy did help reduce it, but it just never went away fully, because of the breast tissue which can't be lost without surgery. Don't let this discourage you from exercising, I got all the way down to 130 , my lowest possible weight, because I wanted to be sure if it was breast tissue or fat.. in my case it was breast tissue not fatty tissue. I had my consultation with plenty of surgeons here in LA, they were all great.. But Dr. Delgado has done THOUSANDS of gynecomastia surgeries and he's one of the best in the US.. I had to have a consultation with him. I went ahead and drove the 7 hours and had my consultation with him, right after the consultation and without a second thought I booked my surgery.

Onto my experience with Dr Delgado.. one word AMAZING!

I stayed at a hotel nearby the surgery facility, Dr Delgado gets deals for his patients for the hotel, It was a great hotel and pretty low priced compared to other hotels.The surgery was so simple, I got a shot in my hand and I was asleep. I woke up, no pain just a little woozy, like i'm really sleepy. I had a bit of a sore throat and it felt like I did a couple of push ups. I went back to my hotel and went to sleep.  My mom was with me and helped me through everything. (You'll need someone to be with you at least the first night) The vest I had on wasn't bad at all, I still have it on right now.. I kinda like it. The vest Dr. Delgado uses is custom made for his patients, It feels very comfortable. The drains weren't as bad as I thought they would be, I couldn't really feel them in me the entire time. Just make sure if you have drains in you, don't move your arms much. I felt pretty good for the first 2 days after surgery, no issues at all.. I didn't have to take any pain medication AT ALL.. because I didn't have any pain.

From what I read having the drains taken out hurts like a bitch, So, I knew what I was getting into. It honestly was the worst pain I've ever had in my life, BUT taking the drains out takes like 2 seconds, So it hurts for ONLY 2 seconds each side. Which isn't a big deal. After the drains were taken out, I felt way better in general, almost 100% and that's like 2 days after surgery. I also got to have the first look at my chest.. It looked way better than expected. The nipples are dark/small  and I thought I stretched them out from being overweight.. But NOPE they look perfectly normal. I also thought I might have some loose skin, but NOPE it all contracted back. My chest now looks completely normal. I am having some minor swelling/bruising.. however that's to be expected as it's only been less than 2 weeks after surgery

Overall Dr. Delgado and his staff did a great job and I had a great experience. I recommend anyone from around the country to go to Dr. Delgado.. you won't be disappointed!

Here is my before picture:
(I'll post my after picture once the swelling/bruising goes away)

If anyone has any questions, go ahead and ask I'll be happy to answer!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:08:05 PM by s00ntobe »

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Cool. I can't wait to see after pictures.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024