Author Topic: Can gym help?  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Ehm

• Posting Member
Hi all I'm new to the forums and I was wondering if gym could help with removing gynecomastia.

I'm 20 , I have puffy nipples, they aren't that big, no big deal right? But its not normal. I feel strange, I feel embarassed most of the times when I go to the beach (which is often) and see all my friends getting into the water and telling me to come.

So far I've made a great job hiding my condition, I use the correct type of clothing and everything, but sometimes I want to dress cool but I can't because I have these things coming out of my chest.

Sorry for making this post kinda long just to ask the topic, but like most of us, we feel like wanting to talk about our condition but we feel kind of embarassed.

I;ve been wondering if quality time in the gym could help with this, this is the only real reason to why I would like to join a gym. Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked before.

Offline Yoshi

• Bronze Member
If you only have puffy nipples then there are a lot of people that envy you. As to answer your question, weightlifting pushes the gland up, so if you become a real beefcake your gland will be noticable. Take a look at:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1127044456

I think that guy took sterroids though. It depends on your case, but if all you have is puffy nips then consider yourself lucky...don't believe me? Check out the user photos board.

If you are not as cut as the guy in the thread, wieghtlifting can help distract the gyno, but it also pushes the gland out even more since muscle is under the gland.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 06:53:06 PM by Yoshi »

Offline User

• Bronze Member
No, no and no.  It just will push it out further.
Surgery date: February 8, 2006

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Well I have been lifting weights for a few months now and I have some extra gland on one side.

You can't get rid of gland by weighttraining or running but in my case weight training on the chest did not push the gland out more ,my chest certainly does not look worse, in may look better than it did actually. As wellas that building up the muscles elsewhere like back ,shoulders ect will help balance out the extra tissue on the chest.Also if you have some fat in the chest that will reduce as when you exercise fat will go from your body generally.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024