Author Topic: hiding gynecomastia?  (Read 10955 times)

Offline schroedinger

Hey guys,

I'm a college student, and there's no way I could afford surgery for my gyne (and I'm not sure I could go through with it, either, just out of fear of bad results/scarring, and the surgery itself).

My main problem with my gyne is that it severely limits my clothing selection. I have tons of clothes, but I almost always wear the same 4 or 5 shirts. They tend to be made of very thick material, have a stripe across the breast, and/or contain writing on the front. Obviously this is to take attention away from the chest area. I can deal with being unable to take my shirt off around others, but I would *really* like to be able to wear some of my other shirts.

That being said, how do you guys feel about tight/padded body shirts to hide the gyne? Specifically I'm looking at the 993 from underworks.com. I'm not even really sure what they're like, so I may be way off base. If so, does anybody have any suggestions for something I can try (something basically invisible under tight/thin shirts)?

Congrats to all you guys that got the surgery done and can finally take your shirts off in public -- I envy you, but I just can't put that kind of financial burden on myself right now.

Thanks for the help.

Offline atm311

• Bronze Member
  • Lost appeal with insurance...BC/ BS of NJ
Hey.

I'm a college student in the same situation....I share pretty much all your struggles, and feel the same way about taking my shirt off.

I just ordered the MV-110TS "Tee Shirt Vest" from here: http://www.morrisdesigns.com/gv.htm (Morris Designs)

I havent gotten it yet, but I hope it works out ok.

What part of the country are you in? I'm in seattle.

Cheers,
Matt
- Matt

There is hope without surgery....I got REALLY LUCKY.
Stay strong everyone!

Offline schroedinger

I had looked at that one too; let me know how it works out.

I'm actually at the other end of the country; going to school in Boston.

Good luck.

Offline devo

• Posting Member
  • deprived of my once perfect LIFE!
i wear a white T-shirt that reaches to the neck, then a tighter white T-shirt on top, then the regular shirt. it actually makes me look buff in the chest area.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Get the surgery. Whats gooing to happen when you meet a girl and she wants to go to the beach, or to the pool? You are going to be filled with anxiety, and scared. Relationships are not going to last if you have to "hide" yourself. Get it taken care of once and for all.
Start saving for the surgery, little by little. In a years time you should have enough money for it. You have your whole life ahead of you. Get it done now while you are young, so you can live life to the fullest.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I agree with 'vaio'. If your Gyne bothers you that much, as it does for most of us, start saving your money. One day, you'll have enough to pay for the proceedure.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 01:14:37 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
I have been going in and out of periods that I ingore it and that I pay attention to it my whole life. It makes things a big mess. Personality changes are a biggy. When I pay attention to the gyne, I am usually quiet, reserved and shy. When I forget about it, or ignore it, I am full of energy, and very talkative. Totally opposite personalities from one another. And the cause of it.....gyne.

Also, when its cold outside, I feel great inside. I can wear sweaters and long sleeve shirts that hide the problem.
I am myself for 3+ months but as soon as it gets hot outside, I mentally feel like shit. I feel like everyyone is observing my gyne.

I am sure many of you on here can relate to my Seasonal Personality changes as well.

Offline DrCut

• Posting Member
Get the surgery. Whats gooing to happen when you meet a girl and she wants to go to the beach, or to the pool? You are going to be filled with anxiety, and scared. Relationships are not going to last if you have to "hide" yourself. Get it taken care of once and for all.
Start saving for the surgery, little by little. In a years time you should have enough money for it. You have your whole life ahead of you. Get it done now while you are young, so you can live life to the fullest.

Amen.  I did well in college with women, but I would have done even better if I had more confidence.  There is no doubt in my mind that I was robbed of pussy (if I may be so crass) in the past because of the condition.
Save your money and get it done.

I have surgery on Friday.  I am confident I'll be back with the same message.

Offline schroedinger

Well, good luck with the surgery. I hope it goes well. My main goal here is just to be able to go out in public and feel all right. I have a great girlfriend that doesn't mind the gyne; as a soon-to-be physics grad student, most of my time is spent studying anyway, so impressing the girlies isn't number 1 on my priority list.

While I'd love to get rid of this condition, I don't really like most of the before/after pictures I see... and as a result, I have very little desire to save what little money I make right now for the surgery.

To each his own though... I'm willing to avoid the beach (I hate sand anyway) if it means I don't have to be cut open.

Maybe I'll change my mind one day, but for now, I'm going to keep looking into ways to hide it.

Like I said before, good luck on the surgery.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Also, when its cold outside, I feel great inside. I can wear sweaters and long sleeve shirts that hide the problem.
I am myself for 3+ months but as soon as it gets hot outside, I mentally feel like shit. I feel like everyyone is observing my gyne.

I am sure many of you on here can relate to my Seasonal Personality changes as well.

I don't have 'personality changes' with the different seasons as such. It's more like a personal 'feelings' change. I welcome the cooler/cold weather as you do, as it makes it easier to hide the Gyne. And like you, I feel much better/at ease during the winter months. I dread spring/summer as the layers of clothing have to be shed. Every spring I think to myself 'how am I going to get through this summer'. It's a strange feeling that's difficult to describe. It's sort'a like the 'walls' are closing in on me. Lot's of pressure....

In the summer I usually wear a tight t-shirt under a button-down shirt. Some people make comments like "Aren't you hot with two shirts?". In the past few years however, I haven't been as conscientious about my Gyne and wear just a button-down shirt. No T-shirt underneath unless I decice to wear the BD shirt unbuttoned. I then wear a T-shirt under the BD. Spring/Summer is a very stressfull time for me as a result of my Gyne. :-/ :'( :-/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 05:57:39 PM by Bambu »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
agree with Vaio on everything, well said.

schreodinger. I've had luck wearing one of those hockey jerseys with the HUGE team logo across the chest. Kind of covers it up, like a breastplate (although wouldn't want to get shot there). ;D

Personal favorites are the windbreaker and the tight t-shirt with a loose button up with pockets.  

« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 07:46:05 PM by jc71 »

Offline atm311

• Bronze Member
Hey -

I recieved the compression "tee shirt vest" from morris designs....about 20 min ago....It's like a tank top except it has super compression.
I am VERY happy with it! It makes my chest almost look normal....a major reduction! Well worth the 50 bucks I spent on it.

I went and saw my endo doc today, and specifically talked about gyno (I'd been seeing him for other issues) He wants to check my testosterone level, if it's still low, he'll put me on testestorone thearapy for about six months.

If not, he said I would be a good canadate for surgery. He says he knows of one surgeon in particular in the seattle area (Virginia Mason Medical Center) That does an awesome job and has experience with gyno surgery.
He even mentioned that I may be able to get my health insurance to pay for it if I submit letters from him, the surgeon and myself, saying that it has a major psychological impact.

But back to the compression vest....
http://www.morrisdesigns.com/gv.htm - MV110-TS
EXCELENT AND WELL WORTH THE MONEY....it really is invisible under a t-shirt (even a tight one)

Cheers,
Matt

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
What kind of package did they send the compression vest in? I'm probably going to order one too, but I don't want the people I live with to know I'm buying something like this.

Offline atm311

• Bronze Member
The package was addressed to me, and it came in an generic DHL box...they type they provide for companys to use to ship any items....Nothing saids its contents, and the return address was just the design company.....didnt mention anything about the contents.

Inside was the vest in a package, and a couple promo cards....

It does not look suspicious at all when it arrives at your door, and they do not require a signature to release it....they just dropped it on my doorstep, rang the bell and walked back into the truck and left.

No worres, and this is producing AMAZING results for me....my next step will be surgery eventually, but for now this takes care of it great!

I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS VEST....just make sure you get the riight size (follow their measurement chart)

Cheers,
Matt

Offline mustang26

• Bronze Member
Hey schroedinger,

Have you tried wearing a fruit of the loom small white tanktop underneath your shirts.  Make sure it is a size smaller then you would normally wear.  It's cheap, hides the gyn, and allows you to wear many shirts you would not otherwise be able to wear.
This is what i do and it is pretty effective.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024