Author Topic: Pre-op w Dr. Schafer, San Diego, CA...  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Gynesaur

• Posting Member
I've spent a good amount of time looking for info here on Dr. Schafer. He doesn't seem to get mentioned very much on this board. Anyway, he has performed over 600 gyno's so far and uses the latest temulescent(sp?) techniques with the only visible scars being one small incision under each arm which is appealing to me.

I was told he could remove and excise around 95% of the fat & gland in my case. Does anyone else have experience with Dr. Schafer? I go in for the operation next week...

Offline removethese

• Posting Member
I'm thinking about paying a visit but I'm scared.

How much does he charge?  Any extra info would be appreciated!

Thanks!
removethese

Offline Gynesaur

• Posting Member
I felt at ease with the office staff during the consult and pre-op although one criticism I have heard is that Dr. Schafer doesn't care much for his patients and more about maximizing his profits. They do come off as very $$ oriented, wanting to offer other services, using their endocrinologist etc. I haven't even met the Dr. yet in my 3 pre-op appointments. Tomorrow, before he begins will be my first meeting with him. I decided based on his experience, minimal scaring(one small hole under each arm), location and good past results to go with him.

Having said that if Dr. Bermat was closer and I had more free time from work, I would have chosen him instead.

It's not cheap. 5g's for the procedure and 1,750 facility usage fee.

I'm going in tomorrow for the procedure. I've waited 20 years for this. I'm nervous but also very excited also for the end result...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 05:12:10 PM by Gynesaur »

Offline removethese

• Posting Member
Best of luck to you bro.  Let me know how everything goes.  I'll pray for you.

removethese.

Offline Gynesaur

• Posting Member
Thanks removethese...

Just got back a few hours ago. I just took a 5 hour nap, still feeling a little groggy from the meds. I've got bandages and a chest compression vest on. I feel only some mild discomfort at this point. I haven't had to use any pain med or Tylenol yet.

One nice thing about Dr. Schafer's office is that they do provide a limo service both to and from the surgical center at no extra charge.

Tomorrow I go for post-op and will see my new chest for the first time....
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 03:28:30 PM by Gynesaur »

Offline removethese

• Posting Member
Glad to hear things went good!  Let me know how everything goes tomorrow.

RT.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024