Author Topic: Local Anaesthesia and Dr. Lebowitz  (Read 4736 times)

LordofDorkness

Hi guys, I'm a 24 year old from Massachusetts. I've had gyno since I was 13, it just stuck around after puberty. It’s a long story, but today I have some concerns about scheduling my surgery. I am considering having my surgery done with Dr. Jonathan Lebowitz in Long Island, NY. I have not had my consultation with him, but I am interested in him for a number of reasons:
  • He performs the surgery under local anaesthesia with an oral sedative.
  • The cost without liposuction is a flat $5,000 and with it is $6,000.
  • He posts many videos of his surgeries on YouTube and seems to know his stuff.
I'm not too thrilled about the thought of general anaesthesia for something like this, so I like the idea of local. The patients in his videos seem to be 100% cool with Dr. Lebowitz pulling huge pieces of tissue out of their open chest so I guess he must be doing something right? If anyone has had the procedure done under local I'd love to hear about it. Also, he doesn't use those old pain in the ass drains, just a rubber tube, another plus.

I was quoted $6,500 from another surgeon which would include general anaesthesia, lipo, etc. I am aiming for glandular excision only. I am fairly confident I will not need liposuction. Obviously any gyno surgery is expensive, so I would like to keep the cost down and $5,000 is reasonable.

I have not heard much about Dr. Lebowitz until I found his videos, but he has been doing gyno for at least 10-12 years if not longer. I guess my main question is does anyone have any experience with this doctor? Does this seem like a good idea? How do people feel about local with sedation? Feel free to check out his videos, just search Lebowitz Gynecomastia in YouTube.

Thanks so much guys!

Offline cory

I am 3 weeks post op and used dr lebowitz, he was hands down the best dr I have ever seen in my life, you will not be disappointed at all and the surgery was a breeze

Offline src5tt

Thinking about either Dr. Jacobs or Lebowitz.  Will be travelling from Minn. to get this done.  Seen lots of testimonials from Dr. Jacob's patients and seen most of Lebowitz's videos but haven't seen as many after photos.  Can you share more about your experience and after results? I'm sure their end results are more similar than different but is there a reason you didn't select Dr. Jacobs?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024