Author Topic: 29 Year Old, Gynecomastia Surgery in Bangalore, India Done by Dr.Naveen Rao  (Read 5063 times)

Offline gynoooguy

• Posting Member
I was lucky to have my surgery done by Dr.Naveen Rao, Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore. 
One master quality of him is, he is very genuine. 

I work in the United States and have lot of health complications like diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol. I emailed him my photos and my health history and planned my trip from United States to India after a lengthy email chain with him explaining my conditions and necessary tests I might need to take on arriving in Bangalore. He agreed to do the surgery on condition that I must pass all tests.

I saw him the same day arriving in Bangalore in his practicing building (Bannerghatta Apollo) with my elder brother. He explained me everything in detail for about 45 minutes, pros and cons of doing the surgery. He was citing my health conditions and said cosmetic surgeries are done on healthy individuals and seeing I was persuasive he agreed :)

Next is the lab tests I need to take. He wrote a number of tests due to my health conditions. Tests included Hb1AC (blood sugar), liver panel, complete blood counts, ECG, echo cardiogram, X-Rays of chest, to name a few. You can either take it in Apollo, or outside (I took mine in Anand Lab reports, close to my brother's home). My fasting glucose levels were okay, but my Hb1AC was little bad and my ECG had variations. My echo cardiogram was normal though. I was asked to consult the cardiologist in Apollo due to ECG variations and he gave me approval that I am fit for surgery after Tread Mill stress testing. Doctor's surgery dates were Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and my surgery date was fixed on a Thursday. Then I had to meet the anaesthetist and she noted my conditions especially blood pressure and smoking history (yes, I was a smoker for 10 years). I did quit smoking like 10 months before the surgery, and its going to be a year now :)

Admitted in the hospital on Wednesday evening; took a semi-private room in Apollo. My mom stayed with me. Surgery was done Thursday morning (2.5 hours or so). Was made to stay that night in hospital only because of my health issues. Doctor said normally they will discharge patients after surgery that same evening. 

Took rest for 10 days in my brother's home in Bangalore. Flew back to US after just 2 weeks of surgery. Hope all should know about the recovery steps ~ 2 months of massage with Elovera cream in circular motion in the chest and 3 months of wearing the compression garment.

Happy I did chose Dr.Naveen Rao - he is very genuine!

Offline Leokuk16

• Posting Member
Hi,
Congrats on getting the surgery done and wonderful results.
Could you share some more details of your experience in terms of cost, how painful was it and till when, how long the hospital took to schedule the surgery. 
-leo

Offline gyno1990

• Posting Member

Offline gynoooguy

• Posting Member
Hi,
Congrats on getting the surgery done and wonderful results.
Could you share some more details of your experience in terms of cost, how painful was it and till when, how long the hospital took to schedule the surgery.
-leo
Cost: around 1,10,000 Indian Rupees
Pain: Not painful. Was given general anesthesia. The draining tubes were a bit discomfort till it was removed. The liposuction points had to heal like 2-3 days after drain removal.

I contacted the doctor before one month of surgery.

Offline Dev35

• Posting Member
I got surgery done from Dr. Rao as well. 
Just posted my experience too. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024