Author Topic: lypo before?  (Read 4045 times)

Offline AGOF

• Bronze Member
I hear a lot of people/articles talking about doing this before the operation. Why is this and does/can the same doctor do it as well as the op.?
Life would be fine if it wasn't for gyne...

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
The lipo and excision are done at the same time, unless the PS thinks that the patient only needs to the lipo or the excision and not both.

Offline AGOF

• Bronze Member
so how much would the lipo on its own run if thats all I needed? Are consultations usually free?

Offline ruggedtoast

• Silver Member
Lipo on its own is usually ineffective (as I understand it)  and would likely be a false economy.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 01:47:25 PM by ruggedtoast »

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Costs vary between surgeons, so it's hard to give you an exact number.  Some PS's charge for the consult and others don't; those that do will often take however much you pad for the consult off of the price for the urgery if you choose to go with him/her (so if you pay 60$ for a consult and choose to go with that doctor, they would take 60$ off of the price for surgery).

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
I only got lipo. BIG difference. Hopefully in another couple of months my chest will look perfect (at least compared to before).
"God is dead" - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead" - God

Offline AGOF

• Bronze Member
Vizia, where did you get it done and what was the cost? And also how did they test/evaluate you about getting it done? And last, what are you doing now to hopefully make your chest perfect, exercises/cardio?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 09:32:46 AM by AGOF »

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
I got it done in New York on january 15th, 2005 with Dr. Payman Simoni. I paid a total of $3,000. Right before I had the surgery, my PS made me go get a mammography (weirdest experience). This was to determine the ratio of fat and glandular tissue. Thankfully I had mostly fat in my chest so my PS suggested that glandular excision was not necessary.

As for working out, I mainly do light weight resistance training for muscle toning and low intensity cardiovascular training for fat loss. If you'd like details let me know. My training regime is real simple and it seems to work. However, the KEY to fat loss is D I E T I N G. They go hand-in-hand.

Offline AGOF

• Bronze Member
thanks for replying, yes please let me know the details of your workouts. Also, where/how long before lipo was the mammography done and how much did that run? thanks and sorry if its a lot of questions  ;)

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
Not a lot of questions at all. Where else will you learn all this stuff?  ;)

The mammography was actually covered by my insurance (GHI) with the exception of a co-pay ($15). I had the mammography done like 2 weeks prior to surgery so that my PS can assess what type of surgery would be necessary.

This was my 6 week post-op before & after: http://www.drsimoni.com/Gynecomastia.jpg

Eventually I would like to take new pictures (10 months post-op).

As for my workouts, I try to focus on losing extra body fat because as you can see in my pic I was a bit chubby. Being chubby doesn't help gynecomastia.  :) I usually work out for 45 min. to an hour at 125 bpm (beats per minute). This is basically low intensity. This target heart rate is known as the 'fat burn zone'. If you're younger than me (28 y.o.) then your 'fat burn zone' should be around 130 bpm. Most machines at the gym can measure your heart rate but if you're working out without the use of telemetric equipment then just work out at a pace in which you feel is comfortable enough to sustain for about 45-60 minutes (i.e. brisk walking, light jogging, etc.). I also work out with weights - 3-4 sets for each major muscle group at 12-15 repetitions. Nothing hardcore, but yet sufficient enough to work on muscular strength and endurance as well as be toned.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 03:38:40 PM by Vizia »

Offline AGOF

• Bronze Member
I have to say again this pic impressed me too, great improvement man  ;)   well, where exactly can I get that mammography done? Was that costly? Any hospital/doc able to do it?

Offline ruggedtoast

• Silver Member
Wow Im impressed, just from lipo?

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
Thanks, man. Yeah, I only had tumescent liposuction. Sometimes I wish I had gland removed but then another part of me wonders if God (or whomever) built us with glandular tissue in the chest for a reason; you know, if it somehow serves some unknown function. Nonetheless, I'm pretty pleased with my results because I was a complete mess before.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
so how much would the lipo on its own run if thats all I needed? Are consultations usually free?

Waste of money.  If the gland is not being removed, your problem is not going away.  During all my time here I've never seen a satisfied person who just had lipo and no gland excision.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024