Author Topic: amphetamine use and gynecomastia  (Read 4371 times)

Offline metsn2005

• Bronze Member
I know i just started another thread, but I feel this is a seperate question. I take addarall, which is an amphetamine. I have read in many places that amphetamine can be a cause for gyne. Is this true? Tons and tons of kids take it for attention problems, especially here in the US. I find it helps me, but I would stop if I knew it was constributing to my gyne. I have also taken atleast 2 anti-depressants that ive seen listed as causing gyne.. but i stopped over a year ago. I really want to start taking them again cus they helped, but Im afraid i will get gyne again. I just had a doctors appointment and am kicking myself for not bringing any of this up. thanks.

Offline metsn2005

• Bronze Member
I understand that many medications can cause gyne.you should ask your doc.

yea i just went but i forgot to ask. he knew i had gyne and he knew i was on adderal, but didnt mention anything.

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
Adderal is bad stuff, in all honesty, I wouldn't take it if I were you.

Offline metsn2005

• Bronze Member
Adderal is bad stuff, in all honesty, I wouldn't take it if I were you.

is that a general suggestion, or is it about my gyne? Does anyone know if adderall affects gyne??

Offline hypo

Amphetamines are implicated in the aetiology of gynecomastia and are listed as a causative factor by Glenn D Braunstein endocrinologist M.D in his 1996 paper entitled gynecomastia.

The paper is on record and held by the New England Journal of Medicine.  

Offline metsn2005

• Bronze Member
do you know how much of the time it results in it. Amphetamines are really helpful to me in school and I would like to continue taking them. I have a pretty low metabolism, and staying in good shape is harder (5 10' 165), and i find they help a little bit in that department as well.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024