Author Topic: 9 days post-op, one funny nipple  (Read 3182 times)

Offline the_dragon

• Posting Member
Hi everyone
I had surgery 9 days ago,  and today the doctor removed the stitches and bandages so I could see the nipples for the first time. One of them looks very good while the other looks like it's been folded in half (a line going across the middle just below the tip and making it point inwards).

The doctor said that this is normal and is only because of the stitches and that the nipple soon will look normal!!

I hope he wasn't just lying to get rid of me. Has anyone else gone through this?
I don't have any pics to show you, but I hope you understand what I mean anyway.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude....

Don't count on your areola looking 'normal' any time soon. My LHS areola is slightly concave. It's been 8 months now and so far, no chagne. However, I'm not worried about it...  ;)

You get a concave areola from the surgeon removing too much gland and or fat tissue. From what I have read tho, this condition is repairable. One guy on this Site had a concave areola and had his PS fill it with Saline.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline oleoze

• Posting Member
Yeah i know what you mean. My left nipple was like that but its because before you had tissue under there and now its gone :). My Doctor told me that the skin cant form the new shape so fast, it takes about 1½/2months. My nipple now 1 month after looks better and better for every day that goes.

Offline the_dragon

• Posting Member
oleoze: thanks, that makes me feel alot better
grandpa: you're scaring me!!

I'm moving abroad to a very warm place near the beach in a week, so I'm hoping I'll soon be able to walk around topless without having to go back to the PS.

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
My right nipple was like that also and after 2 months it went back to normal.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead" - God

Offline Grandpa Bambu

oleoze: thanks, that makes me feel alot better
grandpa: you're scaring me!!

Sounds like the odds are that your areola will go back to normal with time. ;)

I hafta say tho, that my LHS areola is better than it was right after surgery. Better than it was but still not perfect. That's okay with me tho... I'm not bothered by it.    ;)

Johh.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 09:35:48 AM by Bambu »

Offline the_dragon

• Posting Member
Glad to hear that Vizia! I've been going crazy thinking about this. Tell me though, did you (or anyone else with the same experience)  see improvements right after just a couple of weeks?

Another question: when I touch around the areola it feels  very hard  right now, but it feels normal everywhere else. Is that gonna go away or is this gland that I'm feeling underneath my nipples?????

Offline the_dragon

• Posting Member
Grandpa: I just looked at your pics and understand why it doesn't bother you. It  looks great.  
I wish I had a pic to show you how mine looks. Imagine a cut right across the areola right beneath the nipple, and the nipple is pointing down (slightly inwards). And it feels and looks like the mass of the nipple has been mostly moved to the edge of the areola. If this is how you feel yours looks, I have to say I can't see it on the pic.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Imagine a cut right across the areola right beneath the nipple, and the nipple is pointing down (slightly inwards). And it feels and looks like the mass of the nipple has been mostly moved to the edge of the areola.

I know exactly what you are describing. I have seen pics of other post-op'ers with similar results.

It's tough to see the concave on my LHS from a frontal view. I will take some close-up side shots of my LHS areola.

John.

Offline Spleen

Hey dude, I had the *exact* same thing post surgery.  Started improving after about 6 weeks and has improved since.  Almost entirely resolved now after 4 months, and I expect it to blend perfectly by my 1 year anniversary.  

Offline the_dragon

• Posting Member
Spleen: Good for you, let's hope this happens with mine too otherwise it feels like the whole thing has gotten worse after surgery. Before I could take my shirt off, although reluctantly. Right now I can't! And it's gonna be hard to avoid meeting new women and stuff for months, but I guess it's still good in the long run if it improves!

Offline tford

• Posting Member
I am currently 3 1/2 weeks post op and I have some similar results.  My right nipple is slightly indented or folded down the middle while my left side is slightly pointy.  I can understand when you say you were worried about it because I was dying to ask my doctor what was wrong.  He assured me that over time at least a month pre-op both nipples wil heal normally and he also informed me that all of the hard tissue is scar tissue and with some vigorous massage it will go away.  I have been doing this and both sides look better and better everyday.  I hope this helps.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024