Author Topic: the oldest question in the book...  (Read 2391 times)

Offline AGOF

• Bronze Member
...and it is this: Seeing as there are so many kinds of possible solutions for decreasing gyne (exercise, weight lifting, certain creams, pills, operations, lipo, etc.) the whole problem can sometimes get even worse because of the overwhelming feeling that comes with just trying to weigh all of these options. So...how do I know what will be right for me without spending a fortune and/or waiting years to see?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 06:16:56 AM by AGOF »
Life would be fine if it wasn't for gyne...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
What is your age and what country do you live Dude?

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline AGOF

• Bronze Member
I am 19 since July and live in the Usa.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
The fact it  is, there is no way of knowing life is full of uncertainties.

Some people have excellent results through surgery, others less so . The same goes for the other ways to help the condition you have mentioned.

I afraid you have to look at yourself and decide which option is best and make the best of the decision. THis board is a great resource read the posts as you have been doing and go for the option you feel will help you best.
       for example I knew when I first got gyne that I had been on medication that makes people gain weight and does in some cases cause gynecomastia. If I had had surgery then and there I do not think it would have been the right decision for me. I had to get off the drug(gyne can regress naturally this way sometimes), and try losing weight and getting fit. I had no way of knowing this would help. Not everyone makes a huge improvement this way.
         I could have been wrong the weightraining on my chest could have pushed the gland out , the weight loss could have caused drooping breasts and I would have needed surgery anyway. None of those things happened. I was lucky. I may still get surgery for my own perfectionist reasons, but my point is sometimes you just have run with a decision as life is never certain.
      Talk to your family ,friends and people on this site, but in the end it has to be your choice.
       Good luck.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

You're 19 and have Gyne.... Dude, you can stop 'waiting' for it to go away. At 19, your hormonal changes have stopped. At this point in your life you'll either have to accept/live with your Gyne or get it surgically removed.

The average cost of excision/lipo in the USofA from what I have read on this Site is approx $4000. True, this is a fair chunk of coin. However, I would not call it a 'fortune'. Dude, start saving your coin. Start up a savings account at your bank specifically for your Gyne operation. Put all your extra cash into this account. Start sacrificing.... Do you really need that case of beer, do you really need that second pack of smokes, do you really need that DVD, do you really need to go out on the golf course..... etc, etc.... Trust me, if you put in the effort to cut back on life's little luxuries, you'll have enough money for the operation in no time.  ;)

Or.....  if you don't want to wait while you save, use credit. Sure you'll pay interest, but hey, it will be paid off one day and you'll be relieved of the the burden of Gyne right away.  :D ;D :D

John.

Offline AGOF

• Bronze Member

Or.....  if you don't want to wait while you save, use credit. Sure you'll pay interest, but hey, it will be paid off one day and you'll be relieved of the the burden of Gyne right away.  :D ;D :D

John.

what kind of company exactly will do that? Insurance, or is there a specific one you have in mind?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

what kind of company exactly will do that? Insurance, or is there a specific one you have in mind?

Most insurance companies will not pay out for Gynecomastic reduction/romoval. The have deemed it a 'Cosmetic' proceedure. Insurance companies do not cover the cost of cosmetic surgeries. :-/

You could use one of the major credit companies.... Visa, Mastercard, American Express.... Also, a bank loan is an option. However, your finacial institution will want to know what the loan is for :-/ and many Gyne sufferers don't want anyone to know about their condition. :-X

Or...

Many PS's have credit services avail that are very competetive with the majors. The best thing about using the PS's credit service is that it is of the utmost confidenciality . No one has to know!   ;)

John.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 07:25:50 AM by Bambu »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024