Author Topic: Alright guys I am back with my surgery results!  (Read 4490 times)

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Well, I had my surgery yesterday afternoon which consisted of Glandular excision and UAL lipo. Sorry, I couldn't type yesterday. I have had 4 different surgeries before but, this by far was the most painful. I wish I had a vicodin but, all I had was 2 tylenol 3's which didn't really take much affect. I am just very sore today. Alright my surgery took place at about 1:30 after waiting about 45 minutes in the waiting room. It was done in his own facility which was very nice. The nurse was very nice and I struck up a good conversation with her. I was at ease. Next thing I knew they added what they call beer and I was out about 10 seconds later. I woke up pretty dazed for about 20 minutes and saw my parents in the room talking to the surgeon and the nurse saying everything turned out great. Now here's a part you may not believe I barely could either. They took about 12 oz of stubborn dense fat out. and then heres the kicker 2.15 lbs of glands all together. 1 lb from my left breast and about 1.2 from my right. They said they couldn't believe the amount of gland I had for my size. Now I am really sore this morning but, remember how I said I have extremely painful glands they are gone now and that area even though it's sore feels better. I am so happy. Another plus is they got all the excess out and only left what was needed to stabilize the nipples. I don't know the results yet as I have this tight vest on but, I saw the pads through the vest and my chest is very flat. The part though I am happiest about is those damn glands are gone. Now we got to work to get our money back from Aetna. But, all in all this turned out great. My surgeon Was Dr. Pensler from Chicago Illinois. Anyone living near there should consider him as he is an expert and does about 100 gyne surgeries a year and will show you extensive pictures and go through everything in key detail. Now I just can't wait for the sorness to go away. After we left the surgeons office my parents took me home and got me something light to eat. Definetely felt okay right after surgery but, after that those small incisions he made were burning all night. My sister helped out with comfort and my parents screamed and did nothing as always. They always say take your pills but, they were crap. I am just so happy this is done. I hope the soreness is mostly gone by tomorrow because I don't want to go back to school on Monday extremely sore. But, besides that all is good and that was a pretty good experience. I will post after pics asap once I feel a little better and get everything off. :)

Offline trucker

• Posting Member
I'm so happy for ya. I don't know why I'm so happy when somebody else got surgery...well maybe its because atleast someone got away from this wretchedness.

Do post your pics when you're a little less sore.

Offline Favre

• Posting Member
Good for you.  I also had my surgery yesterday and am still sore.  Thankfully the doctor gave me really good pain killers.  I have to be back at work on Monday so I am also hoping for a quick recovery.
Surgery: Nov 4th 2005 by Dr. Silverman (Boston, MA)
http://www.ricksilverman.com/

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member
Who did it? Conrats. Hope it works out for you. Can't wait to see the pics.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Good luck to you FAVRE for a fast recovery. Hope you are feeling fine for work on monday. Again, my surgeon was Dr. Pensler from Chicago. He is on the surgeon listings for this. All I know is those glands are gone and I am flat as a board. I will post pics probably early next week sometime.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Now we got to work to get our money back from Aetna.

Congrats!!!!

However, why do you feel that an insurance company owes you for having your Gyne removed?

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
John, I experienced pain from my glands and that is the truth. You said when you got your surgery through the OHIP they covered the gland excision and you had to pay for the lipo. Gland excision should be covered because it really isn't cosmetic when you get down through detail. If we have to pay for the lipo that is fine but, gland excision should be paid through insurance. They consider glands to be a benign tumor. In rare cases of gyne the glands can be cancerous. I understand lipo is cosmetic but, gland reduction cannot be considered that.

Offline unisys

• Bronze Member
Congrats on the surgery.  I anticipate seeing your results.  I live about an hour out of Chicago and am planning to schedule a consultation with Dr. Pensler within a few weeks and am very glad you posted your experience here.  I've read your posts and I think you've mentioned you were around 150lbs which is about the same weight I am although I am 5'7" so I think we might have similar cases.  Hopefully everything turns out perfect for you.

Offline lafilip

• Posting Member
Hey,

I am considering using the same doctor.  Do you think you could let me know how the consoltation goes?  Let me know what you think of the PS after you meet him?

My email is : OpenFox83@gmail.com

Thanks a lot!

Offline bignipCT

• Bronze Member

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Alright I will update everything. Well, he did a very good job. My nipple area still needs to heal up a bit but, everything is nice. I am very flat and most of my scarring is gone. He makes very small incisions so scarring is not an issue. I feel pretty good now about 7 days post op. The total cost of my surgery was $4900. Here is how his fee works. It is $4275 due on the day of the surgery. $500 non refundable and a $125 consultation fee. Total of $4900. He is definetely worth it. He knows his stuff about gyne and I would say is one of the best possible surgeons for this surgery. In the top 10. Everybody pays the same amount $4900. His staff is very nice and it took only about 3 weeks to have the surgery and only a week for the consultation. I had a severe gland problem on my sides and he took care of that and now they are nice and flat. My glands were painful and now I feel much better. A tiny bit of soreness but, the surgery was definetely what I needed for my glands. I am 150 pounds and I am healing very fast. He does about 75+ gyne surgeries a year and does everyone from bodybuilders to you name it. He also shows many pics of past patients and he will also show you what you will look like after surgery. It was an easy surgery and it was worth it to go to him. If you live near him definetely go to him. And unlike most surgeons he has a personality and will take the time with anything you have to address. It was a great experience and tomorrow I am seeing him for a follow up. Another note is he takes enough out and just leaves enough behind to stabilize the nipple area. That is what a proper gyne surgery is get everything out and leave a tiny bit to stabilize the nipples. Gynecomastia is one of his specialties and he knows his stuff. Out of all the pics I saw (which was a lot) I didn't see any bad results and also very tiny to none on the scarring. I am feeling great that my glands are now gone I am going to work on my lower body and stomach area a bit more and tone up a bit more and live my life to the fullest now. It was worth every penny because he did the job I wanted.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
I will post after pics in a week or so once my nipple area heals up. Right now is a bit too early. But, don't get me wrong results were good after the surgery. Anybody that goes to him are in good hands. Any other questions just ask.

Offline unisys

• Bronze Member
Did he do UAL lipo as you mention in your first post or was it tumescent lipo (which I thought was the standard for this procedure).  Also where & what incisions did he make?

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
He used UAL which he said combined with glandular excision did a great job. It makes things smoother. It is 60 times better than regular lipo. It breaks up stubborn fat that regular lipo would have a hard time doing. It helps make results much better. For me he made 2 incisions on each side. One on the side of my chest and one under the areola. The one on the side has already almost vanished and the one under the areola still needs time to heal. Overall he did a great job and I am only 7 days post op with great results. I am not sore anymore and can move around very freely. The first 2-3 days will be a little tough but, afterwards you should be feeling fine and within a week or two feeling great. Also, the incision where less than an inch each. So if there is a tiny bit of scarring left it will be virturally unoticable. I still have light bruising which will be gone within a week. Trust me if you are gonna go to a good surgeon thats close it would be Dr. Pensler. It was a good experience. Results are already great for me. and the swelling is still going to go down some and the nipples are going to heal up even more. So things will be looking even better sooner. This whole surgery was a piece of cake. The first day was the only hard day. If you get vicodin you should be fine. I had crappy tylenols that didn't do the trick. Other than that everything was good. I was a bit nervous but, it was so easy and the nurse helped put me at ease. Anymore questions just ask.

Offline lafilip

• Posting Member
Hello,

Just a quick question for you, he only asks you to come back for the first post-op after seven days correct?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024