Author Topic: surgical options re non-gyne chest prominence?  (Read 5253 times)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Hey gentleman and any surgeons that may be perusing this thread...

I am just wondering what can be done surgically for a chest that is just overly prominent.

I had gyne surgery about 8 months ago, and I still feel that my chest is way too large and prominent for my frame and that it protrudes to much when I flex or am sitting down.

I saw my ps recently to discuss a revision of some sort, and he said that there was only a 'button' of gland left undeneath my nipples (which is not what is causing the issue I'm seeing anyway), and that there was basically the same equivalent of fat on my chest as most other parts of my slender,trim body - ie. stomach,arms,etc. - he even did a pinch test to verify this.

But I have seen may post-op pics of guys with newly flat chests that still have minor-medium guts, so Im sure their chests would have to contain less fat.

Basically my PS , who is highly professional and respectable says that there is no more room on my chest for further lipo (I never had much to begin with anyway) and that all he would be able to do in a revision is remove a bit of scar tissue thats built up beneath the aerolas.

But its my whole chest area that just seems to large, and if the solution is not more fat removal or more gland, than what is?

what if someone goes to a ps requesting to improve or reduce a largely shaped chest, where gyne is not the issue they dont have  much bodyfat?
then.. what is the likely procedure?

Just curious to find out what my options are, from a surgical point of view , so as to achieve an overall flattr chest shape? ... (cause at the moment it looks like I just have 2 huge pecs but with thin,unmuscular arms,lefs and abs which looks out of proportion....)

ps. sorry I sont have any pics
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 09:49:47 PM by tonysoprano »
... and the saga continues

Offline daddynubbie

• Bronze Member
  • Daddy has nubbies just like mommy!
Mr Soprano, Sir, with all due respect, are you being to hard on yourself ? You have a skeleten and muscle that make up your chest ( of course you know this). But the piont is, that your veiw of your chest has probably been altered so much having suffered with gyne for so long, it is just hard to get past the feelings that you have carried with you. I have a medium muscular build 6' 1", 185 pounds and my surgery was very sucessfull 250CC removed from each side and small amount of gland. But there is still times i look at before and after pictures and wonder is it good enough?
We all need to be willing to accept ourselves the way we are, i know fully the pressure of gyne but the truth is that we are all human beings and to the best of our ability we should not let other people make us feel bad about ourselves. That doesnt mean we cant try and improve the way we look ( surgery, diet, exercise) but we cant get so close minded that all we see is defects on our body. Nobody is perfect ! and even if someone looks perfect on the outside it really is just our own metal perception of reality.
Celebrate you success! You have a life to live. You have alot to be thankfull for.
Suffered For 20 years, 36 years old
Had 1st Surgery October 2005
Had Revision August 18, 2006
Looking Good So Far

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
what do u mean by chest?? ur chest sticks out?>

lol, u might have a problem with scholiosis.  I know i had improper posture and a chiro helped me little bit.  i felt this improved the way my chest generally looks.. sorta gave me a more linear look from the side.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
gynosucks1 what did you do to improve your scoliosis? Just wondering because I have minor scoli and want to improve it a bit.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
what do u mean by chest?? ur chest sticks out?>

lol, u might have a problem with scholiosis.  I know i had improper posture and a chiro helped me little bit.  i felt this improved the way my chest generally looks.. sorta gave me a more linear look from the side.

oh my god- I cant believe this is coming up...

my yoga teacher told me 2 years ago that I have a rather slight scoliosis and that it may be a good idea to see a chiro, which I just blew off after I had my op and came out with nipple scars.

iTS VERy hard to notice but my one hip is slightly higher than the other, and that same side of my chest protrudes out further than the other side(although both sides stick out too much).

Im not for a minute suggesting that I should see some1 about removing muscle or craking ribs or anything extreme, I just wanna have a chest that looks as flat and even as "scrawny" as my arms,legs and abs do... not a chest like a gym rat, when I dont lift any weights ( I shudder to think how big my chest would look if I were to start building muscle there via the gym).

sucks1 : what exactly do you think the chiro can do that would make a huge difference to the chest?

I mean, if my problem is not fat or gland or scar tissue (other than the amount directly under my aerolas which is not what I am alluding to), than whaT THE FUKK is making my chest so large... surely I cant have that much of a ton of muscle under there?  could it be skeletal?

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Mr Soprano, Sir, with all due respect, are you being to hard on yourself ? You have a skeleten and muscle that make up your chest ( of course you know this). But the piont is, that your veiw of your chest has probably been altered so much having suffered with gyne for so long, it is just hard to get past the feelings that you have carried with you. I have a medium muscular build 6' 1", 185 pounds and my surgery was very sucessfull 250CC removed from each side and small amount of gland. But there is still times i look at before and after pictures and wonder is it good enough?
We all need to be willing to accept ourselves the way we are, i know fully the pressure of gyne but the truth is that we are all human beings and to the best of our ability we should not let other people make us feel bad about ourselves. That doesnt mean we cant try and improve the way we look ( surgery, diet, exercise) but we cant get so close minded that all we see is defects on our body. Nobody is perfect ! and even if someone looks perfect on the outside it really is just our own metal perception of reality.
Celebrate you success! You have a life to live. You have alot to be thankfull for.

Daddy: thanks for the advice mate.. Ill try  to take it on board . Though its hard for me to be positive when Im so preoccupied.

anyway I think you're right about perspective in the general universal sense, but when things are subjectified, that logic and goodwill sometimes goes out the window. Ie.. no-one really cares about or notices a big scar unless its on them.

anyway, thanks for the response...

ps: I saw your pre-op photos, would love to see your post-op 1s

cheers

Offline daddynubbie

• Bronze Member
  • Daddy has nubbies just like mommy!
Tony,

Check the areola reduction thread for pictures. I still have tape on in the afrter picture.

Belive me I know that it easier said than done when you try and get a different perspective on how you look.

But your doing great and one thing is for sure you have probably done more soul searching in the last few years than most do in a lifetime which will definetly make you a better stronger person.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member

oh my god- I cant believe this is coming up...

my yoga teacher told me 2 years ago that I have a rather slight scoliosis and that it may be a good idea to see a chiro, which I just blew off after I had my op and came out with nipple scars.

iTS VERy hard to notice but my one hip is slightly higher than the other, and that same side of my chest protrudes out further than the other side(although both sides stick out too much).

Im not for a minute suggesting that I should see some1 about removing muscle or craking ribs or anything extreme, I just wanna have a chest that looks as flat and even as "scrawny" as my arms,legs and abs do... not a chest like a gym rat, when I dont lift any weights ( I shudder to think how big my chest would look if I were to start building muscle there via the gym).

sucks1 : what exactly do you think the chiro can do that would make a huge difference to the chest?

I mean, if my problem is not fat or gland or scar tissue (other than the amount directly under my aerolas which is not what I am alluding to), than whaT THE FUKK is making my chest so large... surely I cant have that much of a ton of muscle under there?  could it be skeletal?

yes i have slight scholosis.  Basically what the chiro did was crack my back every week, and did some kind of crap to help me even out my posture.  he also put me up to a mirror and adjusted my body, and told me to watch my shoulder blades and to basically practice in front of the mirror standing right.

when i actually stand the way he tells me.. it looks funky to me, but mind you my chest looks like a a 8 year olds kid.  i mean it's completely flat and no pectorial muscle even sticks out.  

granted i can't keep this up.. even though he told me i could succesfully train myself to have this posture 24/7.. i think it's bs.

it has helped me, definatly not cured my scholoisis.  in fact you cant cure it period without surgery, or catching it early on during growth and wearing a back brace.

woudlnt hurt to see a chiro, maybe he can help u a bit.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 12:46:30 PM by gynosucks1 »

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Thanks for the tip mate.. I'll look into the chiro thing soon hopefully

although my whole chest is still bulkier than I'd like for my frame, possibly the biggest of the issues is that my one side , or at least the pec or whatever is underneath there bulges out further than the other side, which doesnt come out as far, so theres that pectoral assymetry going on to, which Im not sure that a ps could even correct.

see how this guys RS is kinda lower than the left side...

http://www.ricksilverman.com/gyno7.html

well thats how mine is in a way but more of a depth of assymetry than a height of assymetry thing.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
Thanks for the tip mate.. I'll look into the chiro thing soon hopefully

although my whole chest is still bulkier than I'd like for my frame, possibly the biggest of the issues is that my one side , or at least the pec or whatever is underneath there bulges out further than the other side, which doesnt come out as far, so theres that pectoral assymetry going on to, which Im not sure that a ps could even correct.

see how this guys RS is kinda lower than the left side...

http://www.ricksilverman.com/gyno7.html

well thats how mine is in a way but more of a depth of assymetry than a height of assymetry thing.

what bodyfat are you bro lol??  i think what you're raelly wanting is to have the pecs of a dude with 8%.. or chest or whatever.

i mean no question u have bdd.  

i also had bdd about my gyno.. i still do but nowhere as bad.  mine was like 90% fat, and it wasn't really gyno just basically i thought they were too big for my frame, and stuck out too much.

at 10% b/f righ tnow.. i'm 6'1, 170 i find my chest very nice.  

i used to be 6'1, 160, and like 15% b/f... thats when i hated my chest.  I had a bit of gland, and lots of surrounding fat, and cutting the b/f out and using tam/cit, with rebound xt for 2 months i got down to about 9-10% and the lumps virtually went away as well.

anyway my advice, ... get to 10% if you're not there.  it's really not that hard to do for a male.  From there, if you still dont like your chest... Well it's time for a shrink.  And dont take offense, because i probably needed one 2.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

what bodyfat are you bro lol??  i think what you're raelly wanting is to have the pecs of a dude with 8%.. or chest or whatever.

i mean no question u have bdd.  

i also had bdd about my gyno.. i still do but nowhere as bad.  mine was like 90% fat, and it wasn't really gyno just basically i thought they were too big for my frame, and stuck out too much.

at 10% b/f righ tnow.. i'm 6'1, 170 i find my chest very nice.  

i used to be 6'1, 160, and like 15% b/f... thats when i hated my chest.  I had a bit of gland, and lots of surrounding fat, and cutting the b/f out and using tam/cit, with rebound xt for 2 months i got down to about 9-10% and the lumps virtually went away as well.

anyway my advice, ... get to 10% if you're not there.  it's really not that hard to do for a male.  From there, if you still dont like your chest... Well it's time for a shrink.  And dont take offense, because i probably needed one 2.

Hey champ

I have no idea what bodyfat % I am - how/where can I find out ?
... but I am 25yrs / 134 pounds / 5"8.ft, but with very little muscle mass on me at all- except for legs (from all the running) and chest (or at least thats what much of this bulk must be, Im assuming)

i DEfinitely do not have bdd in the sense that I am imagining something thats not there or thats only very minimal, because its clearly obvious what I am talking about, if I had a digi-camera.
- I think you are suggesting that I have it due to the fact that I am very pre-occupied with my chest, and the extent to whiich I am obssessing over it may be disproportionate to the extent of the problem... and that may well be true...

I still think my chest (whether its muscle,fat and/or a distortion from scoliosis) is too prominent and too big on my frame, and I still would like to know what things a ps might be able to do (realistically of course) to even it out more, and get it just that bit flatter, without a concavity ofcourse(which shouldnt be an issue, since Im not referring to fat/tissue underneath my aerolas anyway, but moreso across the rest of my pec area)

I still seek to know what things might be able to be done by a ps to improve my sitch further, or at least get both sides of my chest to match, as the 1 side I feel I could probably live with ...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 07:24:21 PM by tonysoprano »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I can remember when calling a man "Barrel Chested" was a compliment.  

For those of us with Gynecomastia, The breasts are less obvious if the chest is large.  My chest (above and below the breasts) is 44 inches.  Measured over the nipples, the tape reaches 48 inches.  The breasts do not seem overly large.  But if the breasts were the same size and I had a 38 inch chest the breasts would be much more prominent.  My waist is 32-34 inches.   Not a bad build for a man nearing 70.
Grandpa Dan

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member

Hey champ

I have no idea what bodyfat % I am - how/where can I find out ?
... but I am 25yrs / 134 pounds / 5"8.ft, but with very little muscle mass on me at all- except for legs (from all the running) and chest (or at least thats what much of this bulk must be, Im assuming)

i DEfinitely do not have bdd in the sense that I am imagining something thats not there or thats only very minimal, because its clearly obvious what I am talking about, if I had a digi-camera.
- I think you are suggesting that I have it due to the fact that I am very pre-occupied with my chest, and the extent to whiich I am obssessing over it may be disproportionate to the extent of the problem... and that may well be true...

I still think my chest (whether its muscle,fat and/or a distortion from scoliosis) is too prominent and too big on my frame, and I still would like to know what things a ps might be able to do (realistically of course) to even it out more, and get it just that bit flatter, without a concavity ofcourse(which shouldnt be an issue, since Im not referring to fat/tissue underneath my aerolas anyway, but moreso across the rest of my pec area)

I still seek to know what things might be able to be done by a ps to improve my sitch further, or at least get both sides of my chest to match, as the 1 side I feel I could probably live with ...

25yrs / 134 pounds / 5"8.ft... wow

well, i think you  not only have bdd, but an eating disorder to go along with it

a 25 year old male who is 5.8 should not weigh 134 lbs.

u are 3 inches shorter than i.. and by all respects i'm farking skinny
.. comic relief for u guys

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
anyway.. my normal posture

how my chrio says my posture should be..

u cant really see with digi camera dimensions/depth, .. from the front it will look flat with post postureon the pic.. but when i just stand regularily i have a cup shapped small breast.. like well normal people have.  if i stand with my shoulder blades parallel and basically more linear it is completely flat in front.

i donno, i think it looks wacky, i dont stand like that ever.  he again said i could train myself to stay erreect like this permenantly, but again.. it just feels/looks unatural to me
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 11:43:03 AM by gynosucks1 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024