Author Topic: Muscle behind nipple?  (Read 3391 times)

Offline isr-guy

• Posting Member
Hello everyone!

Just been to the doctor today, and this is what he wrote:

"The retroareolar disc on the left side is thicker than the right and is probably the cause of the profile assymetry. Probably aggrevated by an over active smooth muscle component of the nipple."

(about me) "He is considering similar surgery to the left as done to the right".

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, a few things:

A. I've done excision on both side (not on the right only, as you may think after reading what he wrote).
B. I never know that my left nipple (which sticks out when it's hot but now when it's called ousdie) is like that because of some kind of a 'muscle component'... that's kind of a weird... I asked him what the name of the muscle was and he said there is no name to it.  I'm not saying that what he said is wrong (it seems like he's very professional), but I was always used to think in terms of fat / breast / scar tissue - nothing else!

Btw - I asked him about steoid injuction to make things smaller, and he said that I might give it a shot (pun not intended) but from his experience injections of cortisone might make my skin around the nipple too thin or even bring an inflammation.

So guys - what's on your mind?

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
I'm curious as to anyone's experiences with the steroid injections (kinda coincidental actually, our names are both *-guy).

My doc didn't mention anything about inflammation or the skin getting thin(??), sounds odd.

Offline Preds

• Silver Member

i'm not sure about the first time but I know that repeated times the time factor is considered
Post surgery
Got my shirt off right now!!!!! lol

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Hmm, so Nargle, in your case, if it could help, would you consider getting one of those shots in your chest with the whitening effect...or do you think it's too noticable.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024