Author Topic: tamoxifen to blame?  (Read 3717 times)

Offline pe175

• Silver Member
I started taking 20mg of tamox citrate a day.

Since then i've been feeling sick (like i want to throw up) and very light headed.

Could tamox be to blame for this?

I'm almost a week into my dosing and i've been feeling this way for basically a week.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
It is possible check the side effects leaflet .when I first got my gyno  i asked my doctor about tamoxifen and he flat out refused saying the sideffects are bad and it most probably would not do anything anyway but all  cases are different I suppose.I hope you are taking this under supervison of a doctor ... if not I rekon you should see one and ask what he thinks, personally.

Offline dr007

• Posting Member
Tamoxifen causes postural hypotension - low bood pressure when you stand up cauing inadequate perfusion (not enough blood) to your brain which causes dizziness.

When you stand up, just make sure you steady yourself for a couple of secs and don't stand up quickly.

I just started tamoxifen at 20mg (5 days ago) and have had no symptoms as yet.

Here is the side-effect profile (minus the chick stuff ie vaginal discharge/bleeding, etc.) of tamoxifen:

Hot flushes; GI intolerance; headache; lightheadedness; rash; alopecia; fluid retention; ocular, haematological, liver enzyme changes; thromboembolic events

I doubt you will get many of these, but if you do see your doctor.

PS alopecia is hairloss

Offline pe175

• Silver Member
no its not undet the supervision of an MD.

I guess that may also be why I almost fell over today after doing my squats in the gym.

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
no its not undet the supervision of an MD.

I guess that may also be why I almost fell over today after doing my squats in the gym.

Well, if you were doing squats that can certainly contribute to the light headedness...especially right after a set.

You might want to try cutting it down to 10mg/day and see if that helps.

Also, when I took tamoxifen it seemed to mess with my wiener, lower sex drive, etc  :(

Offline Hypo-is-here

I started taking 20mg of tamox citrate a day.

Since then i've been feeling sick (like i want to throw up) and very light headed.

Could tamox be to blame for this?

I'm almost a week into my dosing and i've been feeling this way for basically a week.

Questions

Are you suffering from any fatigue?

Is your libido lower?

Do you have a sore throat at all?

Offline pe175

• Silver Member

Questions

Are you suffering from any fatigue?

Is your libido lower?

Do you have a sore throat at all?

Fatigue, yes, but I am taking 20 credits in school and working part time so i think that may be the cause.

Low Libido, yes, but i think it has to do with being tired a lot and stressed with school and family issues.

Sore throat, yes, but prob is related to the temps being in the upper 70's then dropping to the 30's and being rainy.

Offline Hypo-is-here

That is as maybe, but ALL of those symptoms together could also easily be caused by lowering the effects of estradiol too much.

Something that can easily happen if your estradiol level wasn't too high too start with.

The sore throat could be an indication of your thyroxine levels being affected by the estradiol and your thyroid function being adversely affected.

As it stands you have every symptom of the effects of  estradiol being lowered to much (as opposed to the blood levels which will reamin unaltered).

The only symptom you are presently missing is erection difficulties.

And the fact is you have absolutey no idea where you are, you are sailing upon the hormonal seas with no direction or compass as you have not taken blood level baselines and you can no longer even look to them for any accurate measurments should you wish to.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
How long does it take once you have ceased that drug for it to be out of your system? I think the term is half life? Thanks

Offline Hypo-is-here

About 5 to 6 days as far as I am aware.

Offline pe175

• Silver Member
so you think I should stop dosing?

Is it ok for me to continue with the rebound xt?

Offline Hypo-is-here

I am only pointing out the probems that you might be facing with Tamoxifen.

I don't agree with self medication so i'm afraid I can't advise further.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024