Author Topic: could my man boobs be just fat?  (Read 6335 times)

Offline Bobshotme

im overweight but ive been losing weight..and i have large man boobs but they havent gotten much smaller since i lost a little weitght. is it possible that its just fat and that if i lose enought weight my chest will get smaller? as of now my stomach is like 34 in and my chest is like 38!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You give very little information on which to base an opinion but here goes.

The breast tissue could be all fat, but this is not too likely.  It is more likely that there is some breast gland in and through the fat.  even if the breasts were not large enough to be noticed.

You give your waist as 34 and chest as 39.  This would be medium size measurements and seem to indicate nothing.  It would be helpful if you posted three chest measurements.  1) Around the ribcage below the breasts. 2) Around the ribcage as high as possible just under your arms. And 3) with the tape running just atop the nipples.

The first two measurements will probably be nearly alike and the third an inch or so longer.  In my case the measurements are 44, 45, 48;  This above a 34 inch waist.  Having a large chest helps make the breasts less obvious, for which I'm grateful as the 4 inch difference between chest and breast measurements would be equal to an A cup bra.   My waist, Like yours, is Medium.  But I wear an Extra Large shirt or jacket.  
Grandpa Dan

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
How long have you been losing weight for? fat is annoying in that your body picks the places it wants fat to come off, you have no say in it.

As paw says it would be useful to have a bit more info... what is your height/ weight. how are you losing weight? pics would be good although I understand if you are reluctant.pics would be useful as it would be easier to tell if the problem was fat/gland or mixed.

I have lost a lot of weight and my chest has got much smaller, but mine was mainly fat. my wasit size has gone down from waist 40 to 34 and i'm six foot two. But it is natural for men esp after they get into mid twenties early thirties to carry a bit of fat on their chests. It is the degree though.

Offline Bobshotme

ok sorry about the lack of info

around nipples 37 1/2 inch

around the ribs..-33 inch

above nippels around arm pits-36 inch.

im 17 yrs old my height is 5'4'' and i weigh 145. i used to be like 165...about 3 months ago but i lost some of the weight.

i started out losing weight by only eating like 3 small meals a day for like a month, then i found out its bad to only eat a few hundred calories, i was eating like 700 a day. so i try to eat 1400 a day and exercise by riding a bike or playing basket ball for atleast an hour  a day. although  i havent been doing good at doing it every day. :(  and i started off eating the 1400 from all healthy foods, like fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean meats but lately ive been taking a few hundred calories from junk foods. but ive been staying around 1400 a day.

also ive noticed my face and waist got alot skinnier..but my butt along with my chest have stayed big...its quite annoying.

ill put some picturers of my chest up...

please excuse my underwear...haha i dont have any shorts that fit anymore...

« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 07:37:11 AM by Bobshotme »

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
it's not all fat, now.  u have disperesed shit on your tips.. exactly this is how mine looked when i was little and was chubby.

i was never as fat as you, but this 100% my case.

at 14-15 i leaned out greatly.. and that stuff became all spread out...  They weren't femanent shaped, just like you would see on your typical guy.  except i was like skinny and a runner, and hated this .

anyway they slowly got better and better.. the disperesed stuff just got smaller, at around age 18-19 i helped things along with skulpt topical spray, then rebound xt an AI, and nolvadex for 2 months.  pretty much took care of everything.

the thing is.. everyone who is fat for prolonged periods of time has that fiberous stuff around the nipple.  AT least from what i see in everyday life.  It's probably becuase when you get fat, a lot more estrogen is in your body...

Losing the weight, and keeping it off for a while will definatly shrink them.  Might not take care of the problem 100%.. but then you can help things along with some meds.

surgery is 100% no for you bro.  you are 25% bodyfat right now.  GEtting down to 13-15 would pretty much take care of your problem.

i very much doubt since you are in this shape now.. u want to take up fitness full time and get a six pack.. *chuckle*

but anyway, to sum all this rambeling up.

Lose weight.  The right way, not starving yourself and looking at the scale.  But eating right, exercising, and a very small calorie defeicit.. and slowlly get in shape.

weight lifting

cardio

good diet

will take care of your moobs

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Your frontal Photo show that you have a well defined waist and fulness around the hips.  The picture lacks sufficient detail (and I lack sufficient knowlege) to be sure, but you may have Gynecoid (or feminine) Obesity.

You should really see an Endocrinologist and get the necessary Lab work done to ensure that your hormone levels are within normal limits for your age and maturity.

Hopefully you are simply a bit under height for your weight.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024