Author Topic: surgery  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
Are there any downloadable videos of the surgery?
Post surgery
Got my shirt off right now!!!!! lol

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
Why the hell do u want to see that ???
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
Why the hell do u want to see that ???

like to see what I am getting into

Offline wolfman

i have seen pics of surgery and its not a very nice thing to see

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Or those pics on Bermant's website of the excised gland sitting on the patient's chest... ewwww

Offline wolfman

exactly uuuuu :o

Offline Hypo-is-here

Good idea. Everyone planning to have surgery should see it, actually.

Not really.

That is like saying anyone who is having an operation to remove cancer should see similar events regarding it.  Or anyone having an operation for a hip replacement should see similar etc

Having had two operations to remove cancer I can say I was glad not to have viewed such.

I see no different with the gynecomastia- I have viewed such, but it wasn't a requirement in any way shape or form.

The only important thing is too ensure that you know what you are letting yourself in for and that you have asked all the pertinent questions and are satisfied with the surgeon.

As long as you go into an operation fully aware of all the pros and cons- that is all that matters.

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
I am comfortable with surgeon and procedure ect ect.

Its just my curosity.  I just want to see it to satisfy that.  I love to watch procedures and learn how to do things or how stuff gets done.  This is no different.
For some, it could change their mind I guess but I just enjoy learning how things work/happen.  I watched a cholecystectomy(gallbladder removal) of my fathers when I was young.  The doctor gave a video to all his patients after the procedure.  He even spoke to him on the tape as he was doing it explaining what he was doing.  Great tape!

Offline Hypo-is-here

My gallbladder was removed when I had a 10 and a half hour operation to remove saveral tumors in my liver at 16 and given the scale of events I wasn't even told- I overheard the surgeons talking about its removal in passing conversation.

Quite funny in the blackest of ways  ::)

A gynecomastia operation from my perspective is like having a tooth pulled at the dentist- it just doesn't even register on the radar from a fear perspective.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 12:52:27 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
My gallbladder was removed when I had a 10 and a half hour operation to remove saveral tumors in my liver at 16 and given the scale of events I wasn't even told- I overheard the surgeons talking about its removal in passing conversation.

A gynecomastia operation from my perspective is like having a tooth pulled at the dentist- it just doesn't even register on the radar from a fear perspective.

I am expecting quite a bit of pain from surgery but I thinks its worth it in the long run.  I like my dentist ;D, even when he pulled 4 teeth that he could not get numb due to abcess when I was 10 ;D ;D

I understnad what you mean though.  There are lots of food that I love that I don't want to see how they make it.  I am afraid I wouldn't eat it anymore ??? :o

DrBermant

Are there any downloadable videos of the surgery?

You can see an old video of the liposuction component of this surgery here.

My techniques have evolved quite a bit since that small film clip.  I have been contemplating putting together a much more extended video of my current techniques, but the bandwidth of the movie size would be too great for free downloads from my site.  The mechanism of how I would be able to make such a film available is one point of hesitation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Hypo-is-here

I said;

Not really.

That is like saying anyone who is having an operation to remove cancer should see similar events regarding it.  Or anyone having an operation for a hip replacement should see similar etc

Having had two operations to remove cancer I can say I was glad not to have viewed such.

I see no different with the gynecomastia- I have viewed such, but it wasn't a requirement in any way shape or form.

The only important thing is too ensure that you know what you are letting yourself in for and that you have asked all the pertinent questions and are satisfied with the surgeon.

As long as you go into an operation fully aware of all the pros and cons- that is all that matters.

To which you say;

I don't agree. Gynecomastia is not cancer because it is a cosmetic procedure and not something that necessarily warrants surgery.

Your kind of reasoning stinks of trying to 'protect' people by withholding information that you think might influence their decision about it. We're not children.

Let those who wish to have surgery decide this for themselves. If they are aware of all the pros and cons then watching such a clip won't sway them in the least. In fact, watching it and still deciding to go ahead with surgery ensures you have carefully thought this through and not just decided to run with the crowd.

I would love to see a clip of what they actually do to a guy in gyno surgery before ever resting on the operating table myself.

If only clips like that were made widely available. In fact, we should get to see several such clips. I hope some doctors videotape their former procedures and allow future patients to see it. Therefore any questions can be addressed before it's too late.

You are totally blowing my comments out of proportion.

I couldn’t give a rats ass whether people watch videos on gynecomastia operations or not.  
Withholding information don’t be daft!!!!

I have merely said people don’t really have to watch such videos, as in it isn’t homework that improves the outcome of their given surgery- the logic being, it isn’t going to have an impact on the results of the individual procedure.

Do you not understand that?

It doesn’t matter whether the surgery is elective or not or serious or not- watching videos doesn’t improve your outcome.

If you want to watch them out of interest- go for it, Jeez I don’t care.

You made statements about watching the videos as though it was part of doing your research to ensure you have a good surgery- that is how you made it sound.  But this cannot be compared to doing your homework and picking the right surgeon or asking the surgeon the right questions or getting the best surgical vest etc etc.

All those things are important for the would-be patient.

Watching the videos is neither here nor there- you do it if you want to, you don’t if you don’t want to either way it doesn’t make any difference.

As I say you really have blown this one massively out of proportion- with some mad conspiracy theory.  And the only reason a cancer op was mentioned is because it was the first one that came to mind as I have had one- and the logic was the same irrespective of the vastly differing nature of the procedures as I have already explained.

I said;

To which you say;

This is incredibly misleading. It differs from person to person. Someone who actually underwent surgery recently described on these boards that it was as if a bear was constantly clawing at his chest. And that's just from the pain perspective. Let us at least be honest about what is the spectrum of possibilities (in fact, actual happenings) when it comes to surgery.

Now you are doing it again and in fact being a total idiot!!!!!!!

I said a gynecomastia operation from MY perspective is like having a tooth pulled.

The operative word being my perspective given my history and what I have been through.

I am not saying that other people would or should feel the same way and I do NOT feel this way about other peoples operations- just my own…..GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

Maybe if you had have had an 10 and a half hour operation and cancer twice by 25 you might feel the same way SUBJECTIVELY about such a procedure.

Now seriously pizz off!!!!!!!!!!

I have wasted my time far too often with the crap that you come out with.

You are pointlessly argumentative.

Offline Preds

• Silver Member

You can see an old video of the liposuction component of this surgery here.

My techniques have evolved quite a bit since that small film clip.  I have been contemplating putting together a much more extended video of my current techniques, but the bandwidth of the movie size would be too great for free downloads from my site.  The mechanism of how I would be able to make such a film available is one point of hesitation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Thanks!!!  
I really get a lot out of your web site.  You do a lot to help educate us.  I wish you were more close to where I live.  

DrBermant

Thanks!!!  
I really get a lot out of your web site.  You do a lot to help educate us.  I wish you were more close to where I live.  

Thank you for your kind words.  We actually see many patients from around the world.  Here is from another thread:

I live about 6 hours away from Dr. Bermant - is it possible to get gyno  surgery done that far away?

Or will it be too hard to go back and forth?

How many times would i have to see him after the surgery?

thanks

We see patients from around the world, many much further than 6 hours away. So far this morning, I have talked with and or seen patients from Florida, Montana, New York, and Virginia.  I just recieved an email from one of our patients from Australia.  It was just a picture of him now smiling.  That felt really good, seeing that smile.

Follow-up after surgery depends on the problem to be treated and can be as short as the day after with telephone dressing removal to more frequent office visits for more complex cases.

You can read my patients' experiences about travel and gynecomastia surgery here from Texas, from Canada, from California, and others here, and here.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

DrBermant

Thanks!!!  

Thank you for your kind words.  We actually see many patients from around the world.  Here is from another thread:

I live about 6 hours away from Dr. Bermant - is it possible to get gyno  surgery done that far away?

Or will it be too hard to go back and forth?

How many times would i have to see him after the surgery?

thanks

We see patients from around the world, many much further than 6 hours away. So far this morning, I have talked with and or seen patients from Florida, Montana, New York, and Virginia.  I just recieved an email from one of our patients from Australia.  It was just a picture of him now smiling.  That felt really good, seeing that smile.

Follow-up after surgery depends on the problem to be treated and can be as short as the day after with telephone dressing removal to more frequent office visits for more complex cases.

You can read my patients' experiences about travel and gynecomastia surgery here from Texas, from Canada, from California, and others here, and here.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024