Author Topic: 4 Days Post Op - Concerns re: Lipo Selection(tm)  (Read 1954 times)

Offline S_Mack

I am a 41 year old male that had surgery on Wed.  I have suffered with moderate to severe gyne since puberty.  I am in fairly good physical shape (6'4" - 208 lbs)I am feeling better finally - just a little sore now.  Briefly, here are my post op concerns:

1) I do not have a follow-up with my surgeon until Tues (six days post-op) - is this common amount of time to wait between surgery and follow-up visit?

2) My post op bandages apprear to be only large foam rubber adhesive pads secured in place by an elastic abdominal binder.  From what I can tell there appears to be no other bandages which leads me to believe there were no incisions other than than from the lipo.  From what I can tell my bruising is significant and appears severe.  He did not use drains.  Is this a common type of post surgery bandages / binding?

3)  My PS said he would be using a combination of excision and Lipo Selection (similar to UAL, I think) - http://www.vaser.com/con_whatisliposelect2.asp
Does anyone have any experience with Lipo Selection?  If so, how were the results.

4) I am concerned now that he only did the lipo and no direct excision of the gland - which is not making me feel very good right now.  Why would he not excise the glands when he told me he would (twice)?  And its not because I did not need it - I will try and post some pre-op pics ASAP.

5)  My PS said he removed 300cc's of fat and tissue from each side - of which 50cc's was fluid that I believe he injected.  My concern here is that my left side is/was significantly larger than the right.  Shouldn't I have expected more to come out of the left than the right?

6)  My follow-up appointment is Tues and I am counting the hours until I can ask my PS many of the above questions and more importantly see the results or lack there of for myself.  Does anyone have any other important follow-up questions I should consider asking?

Thanks in advance to any all respondants.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 01:54:32 AM by S_Mack »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024