Author Topic: It's more than just boobs...  (Read 1347 times)

Offline taxmapper

I had a conversation with someone about this that is a position to medically agree with this. 

Having the estrogen stew taking place, and in my case (still med. unconfirmed) poss. hermaphroditism, the body shape is different for me and other men (Klinefelter's) and the like where the hormone aspect affects not only the fat and glandular growth of the breasts, but for those of us who may or may not have been obvious growing up, the whole body is affected. 

Skeletal, muscular, sino- cerculatory, the 5 (poss. 6th) senses, nervous system, fat distribution, cartilage, skin tone, hair growth, hair fineness, basically all of it. 

I have noticed a hodge-podge of diff. aspects with my body, including a lack of a brow ridge, I have no Adam's apple, my ankles behave differently, my hips seem somewhat wider, my hair has been complemented many many times in my life as being far finer than usual. 

When I was born I had an undescended testi that was later removed. And a whole list of stuff. 

IMO, the whole pro-noun thing 9that I don't participate in BTW) has made me jokingly say I am "It". 

But my sister called me that when we were kids anyway, so..
meh. 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
This ^ is such a great post. From the heart. I notice it has had many views but no replies. I'll try to do it justice.

I think it is very important to recognize that the human body is not necessarily easily categorized into binary genders based on a single appendage. We know that here, but most of the rest of the world aren't interested in this issue because it doesn't affect them. Yes, we have talked about this before, and I also recognize the other recent discussions regarding the shifting of attitudes here regarding acceptance of not only boobs but the other stuff that comes with it.

Hormone stew notwithstanding, guess what, folks! At the end of the day we are all...human! It doesn't matter if we are AMAB or AFAB, wear over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders or belong to the itty-bitty-titty-committee, absolutely need to shop across the aisle, choose to shop across the aisle, wear flowers in our hair or barbed wire. Involuntary curves on an AMAB or involuntary non-curves on an AFAB...it's all the same.

He, she or it. No-one should care. We are all passengers on the same spaceship. Love and enjoy who you are! :)

Normal boobs1

Thumbs up from me Evolver.

Taxmapper. It is one life we each have. Among other things, I believe it is a sacred duty to enjoy it and live it to the full. General genetics and inherited chromasomal anomolies not to mention different and changing hormonal balances do indeed shape every part of us.
The difficult task is ensuring we do not let it screw our minds.
We each need to value our uniqueness.
I am pleased that you have felt this forum is a safe place to be open and unburden a bit
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 12:51:01 PM by Normal boobs1 »

Orb

One thing that strikes me is the shift in tone and attitude.  You look back 15 years and the discussion was weather or not one could don a bra.  Of late the general talk is clothing labels and other attributes we might have that coexist within us in regards to our developed chest and gender bending norms.  I'm quite delighted this conversation is taking place.  I feel it has a lot to do with where the general population is on the whole gender identity issue.  Seeing the discussions around someone taking gender altering medications and seeing the affects they have on them has made society look at and realize there true affects.  Not just in the physical appearance but  also in the mind and muscle tone.  The talk around sports in High School etc.  I feel society has a long way to go and a lot to learn however the discussion is happening.  I can't help but think those of us here aren't contributing to that shift in cultural acceptance to some degree. 
  When I was a young boy I was called a fem some times.  As an adult I'm okay having some feminine qualities.  And I enjoy the company of friends that aren't all jacked up on testosterone. 

Buy what fits. What makes you happy. And be happy. Only insecure people judge.

Offline blad

We can come to accept things, such as having breasts and wearing bras, and being satisfied. This is good and lets us then focus on other issues of life.

But don't expect the rest of the world to really understand any time soon. Anyone who does not visible look "normal" is on the "freak spectrum". They get to define "normal" in their own minds based on what they think they see in the general population and their lives conditioning. To some degree we all do this, just with different issues. Anyone who falls outside of the 90% percentile in any area stands out as different.

Best not to place too much energy into fitting into other peoples "normal" and focus on your own lives and goals. 

Until at least 25% of guys grow boobs we will never be normal. But in the long run, I am sure the food and drug supply in the world will make it normal for guys to have boobs.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Brdy64

Taxmapper, 
I have waited some time to respond to this thread as it required a much thought out response. 
I come from a very traditional Jewish upbringing, and the fact that one of the "boys" started growing "boobs" was an interesting and then "taboo" discussion at home. 
My lack of body hair on my legs and arm pits and no adams apple as well. 
My parents could only send me to read and study about it in ancient Jewish texts. I did find part of the answer as a total of 6 genders are identified in the Talmud. I fit within the mold of those described do to my attributes and micro-penis. 
My parents were content that my questions had been answered, and we were never to mention it again. 
That didn't really fully address the situation at all. But like a good son I did my best to live as normal a life as possible. 
Medically there are many unanswered questions in my case that at my might never be addressed. My current medical plan is treating symptoms only. 
I can only find peace in knowing I fit within one of the 6 defined genders, and meeting up with people of the same like as me here in the forum.

bikerbob

Until at least 25% of guys grow boobs we will never be normal. But in the long run, I am sure the food and drug supply in the world will make it normal for guys to have boobs.
I think there is more to this than meets the eye.  Not only are more men growing boobs, I think women's breasts are getting larger.  Watch a few Columbo, Perry Mason, or McMillan & Wife reruns and look for women with large breasts.  They are few and far between.  Now take a walk through any Walmart and observe women's chests and notice the difference.  I think a lot of prescription drugs with side effects are ending up in the water supply.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
alot of it has to do with prescription meds there are over 90 that can cause breast growth
 I take 4 that do it and these are for medical conditions

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Bingo!..spot on Felix. My doctor and many others have said that’s it’s environmental. 
Married my wife in 1980. 5-7 125 lbs. 34c boobs. Today...5-6 140lbs. 34G boobs.
1980 I was 5-11 180. No boobs. Today 5-10 185. A very full 38B boobs.
Hormonal imbalance and environment according to my doctor is the culprit.
My wife’s doctor says the same thing.
Not only did my boobs grow my butt and thighs did also with fat.
So I lost muscle mass and replaced it with fat in areas I have never had it much before.
And it’s just not a few people.
There are alot  of women that have a mans shape and a lot of men that have a more womanly shape.....genes, hormones, environment....it all adds up.
Luck of the draw I suppose.

Dudewithboobs

Agreed. I feel more men are being seen with breast growth. Not a shape or volume that constitutes as noticeably female but nonetheless more sticking out that I used to see. However I agree until a sound percentage of the population is sporting a projection that is deemed feminine and isn’t a result of obesity or something close to than being normal I don’t see it being. Making many who want to wear a bra but feel it’s abnormal to to probably go longer without trying it and realizing it’s just not that bad. 

Environmental and hormones in things is an honest cause of things. Study’s show it, science proves it, case study’s record it as valid. Everybody’s body also varies to the next. So what may be ridiculous to one to think something so basic can cause such an imbalance such as a healthy male now growing breasts over nothing more than environment and foods may be total reality to another who’s body may be hyper sensitive to estrogens of any kind entering the body. 

My wife was a 38b when we met and is now a 42c not overkill of change and likely due to weight and pregnancy in the past but she also has some body hair on chest upper lip and arms that’s grown in recent years. As well as taking on fat in areas not usual for a woman. A hormone issue for sure and no fault of any medicines or other causes other than environment and foods I’d believe. Similarly I was flat as a regular dude 4 years ago when my wife was pregnant and now I am a full 34B and definitely tell its still filling in. Leading me to believe her developing hair and me developing breasts and dealing with frequent ed not to be tmi but timing of onset of things and continued issues and development with neither having meds and things to blame I have become an avid believer of environment and hormones in foods. Probably why my breast growth is slow and subtly and not rampant and since I can’t pin down what it may be and drs have pinned it as idiopathic I just go with it. 

Would be nice to have it normalized though and see more men with not just moobs but honest breasts. Or even find a local community of dudes with it to bring this community to a card game of Texas hold ‘em to talk about what bras we use to hold ‘em lol 

Brdy64

alot of it has to do with prescription meds there are over 90 that can cause breast growth
 I take 4 that do it and these are for medical conditions
Yeah, my recent "blooming" this last year (from about B to D cup) is most likely do to genetics, over 50, over weight, and 3 meds I take that are known to cause breast enlargement. That is according to two doctors so far. 

Brdy64

I did get up to DD for awhile but weight loss and different bra manufacturer got me down to D 🤔

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024