Author Topic: Arnica supplement pre and post surgery  (Read 2550 times)

Offline newman1975

• Posting Member
Hi all.

As some of you know, I had surgery 4 weeks ago.

I took arnica (a homeopathic supplement) for 2 weeks after surgey.

It was recommended it  by my mother to reduce the bruising/swelling.

Never heard of it before but thought anything to speed recovery is worth a go...

Anyway, a week after surgery, I went to the hospital for a dressing change and told the nurses I was taking Arnica. To be honest I expected them all to be suprised and say 'well your doctor didn't prescribed that why are you taking it?'. Anyway, I told the nurses and they ALL said 'Arnica is accepted  to heal bruising and reduce swelling'. To be honest I was a bit shocked as often homeopathy can be often frowned upon.

I am no doctor, not telling anyone to take it (so please don't sue me guys!!) but Arnica seemed to work for me.

On various post op check ups I have beeen told the sacr/bruising/tissue swelling is less than normal. Not saying the Arnica was the reason, as everyone is different, so is their surgery but maybe it helped me and can possibly help anyone else having surgery.

On the boards many people talk about taking it 1 week pre op.  I didn't but some say this helps too.

Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't.. All I can say is I personally ,had no side effects and am told I am healing quick.

Not telling anyone to take it, maybe speak to someone first...but it's an idea.

Also I have heard smoking   drinking reduces recovery time and to avoid garlick pre op as garlick thinens the blood. Haven't researched it but maybe there is food for thought....

Take care guys... ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024