Author Topic: Is heredity or ethnicity ever the cause?  (Read 1792 times)

Offline nicktheory

• Posting Member
I notice my father has gyno, but he's also about 50 pounds overweight, so it's hard to tell. I remember seeing a distant uncle, too, but I don't recall if it was a blood relative. Are Italians more suseptible?

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
I think it might be somewhat hereditary.  My bro has it too.  Our dad isn't puffy, but seems to have wide areola.  Maybe he had the op at one point too, I dunno.

Italians?  Man, I always thought blacks were more susceptible.  Grass is greener eh?

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
i once saw a post asking if gyne was dependant on ethnicity. and to tell the truth, i seriously thought that it did, but dr.bremant once posted on the forum desigated to the ethnicity question. and it seems that, apparently not.

gyne is not ethnicity dependant. but it has been linked with being heriditary. that's much more likely, than it being ethnicity dependant.

and remember, some sources have said that up to 40-60% of all males have gyne to some degree.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There can be a family connection,  it is a common trait in my family.

silly_guy,  it is unlikely that your father had the surgery in his youth,  It has not been common for that long a time.  It would be more likely that he had it and that the glandular tissue degraded over time leaving behind only the fatty deposits and stretched skin.  Post menopausal women have their breast tissue degrade in a similar manner as their Estrogen level drops leaving them with sagging breasts.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 07:26:12 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024