Author Topic: too much fat removed  (Read 4823 times)

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
i thin my surgeon has removed too mach fat and as a result i have a indentation when i tense and the skin is very tight and feels attached to the muscle underneath.

has anyone else experienced this?and anyone know if it does resolve over time.i dought it but im hoping.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 09:16:11 AM by geg100 »

DrBermant

i thin my surgeon has removed too mach fat and as a result i have a indentation when i tense and the skin is very tight and feels attached to the muscle underneath.

has anyone else experienced this?and anyone know if it does resolve over time.i dought it but im hoping.

Many factors can result in tissue adhesion or sticking.  When the skin adheres to deep tissues, movement looks strange.  Excessive tissue removal can be one possible cause.  Take a look at these patient's photographs: here and here.  Check out the movies on how the problem is not excess remaining gland, but extended areas of too much tissue removed and the skin adhering to the muscle.

To better understand someone's concerns about their problem before, after surgery, or how good a result is after, Standardized Photographs say much more than words.  Non-standard images can be very difficult to evaluate.  If something is supposed to be so bad or good, show the pictures or movies how the tissue moves.  That way others can get a better idea about the quality or degree of problem.

Revision Gynecomastia Surgery often can help.  Options depend on the actual problem and are best explored with your surgeon or someone you see during a second opinion consultation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Dr Bermant, do you think that Geg needs revision surgery? Im just curious as youve answered the post but not in a specific way. Would you answer in a direct way regarding this instead of just directing people into to your site which i think is quite difficult to navigate.

Thanks and no offense intended as i think its generous of you to give your time here.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I think you may have had too much fat/gland/other tissue removed right where that indent is.... but as for having too much fat or gland removed from your chest generally speaking, I don't see how that could be...
your chest still has notable breast/pecs to it, and there is a very overt protrusion still from your chest (not gyne anymore, but fat and/or muscle)

if there were too much fat/tissue removed I guess Id be expecting at least a very very surfboard flat chest (in uniform with your abdomen) or even a somewhat concave chest... yours still sticks out very noticeably(not in a bad gyne way.. thats just your build it looks like)

T.
... and the saga continues

Offline ruggedtoast

• Silver Member
He said he couldnt tell from those pictures and that the guy shoud go back to his surgeon...

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
i am being over critical.i know things are going to improve.and things are gona look better.i think last night when i made that post i just had to rant somewhere.its only cos i was comparing to the left side of mine which looks great.i mean my background of medical training also shouts at me saying its too early to judge.same with my dad.i think it inevitable for someone to have this type of surgery who has been embarrased over years to get all the frustration and worry of results to build up and den finally crack-which is what happened to me last night.
i can still see bruising so i know the inflammation still hasnt gone so i know its way too early to see results.
i think me and chris need to chill its only been 3-4 weeks post op.now wheres that diazepam.....................  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024