Author Topic: Vit E might reduce is scar tisssue formation  (Read 2100 times)

Offline fromfar

• Posting Member
It’s been nearly 4 months since I had my operation. Chest is slowly getting its sensation. The scars have basically healed and I believe that Vit C and Vit E has helped me in the healing process. To understand this, we should first understand how scar get formed.
Just before going for the operation I read a book entitled ‘Let’s get Well” by  Adelle Davis. It gave me lots of insight on preparation for pre and post operation

According to the author, scars form after blood vessels have been cut, burned or mangled or otherwise damaged to the extent that the oxygen supply is markedly decreased. It has been suggested that scar tissues requires less oxygen than normal tissue; therefore it forms when oxygen starvation prevents healthy cells from growing.

It has been researched that Vit E can greatly reduce the formation of scars. When Vit E is generously supplied, the need for oxygen in the tissue is reduced. Besides that Vit E also tremendously incresse the rate at which new blood vessels develop around damaged areas.

It is also should be understood that one should consume natural Vit E or d-alpha tocopherol acetate supplement rather than the synthetic supplement. The results might differ if synthetic supplement is been consumed.

You need to consult with your doctors if it is okay to consume Vit E just before the operation as some doctors will avoid that as it will cause lots of bleeding during the operation. I started consuming Vit E after the operation. For the first few days I took it 3 times per day with each time consuming 100 I.U.  

I strongly believe that Vit E could reduce the formation of external and internal scar tissues.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Thanks for that fromfar.

My surgeon also recommended taking Vit C+E.  But why Vit C? When should it be taken and how much?  Anyone know?

(I am due surgery 20th Jan '06)

Offline fromfar

• Posting Member
I consumed Vit C before and after surgery. After surgery I consumed 750mg three times daily, at least for the first few days. Many studies have shown that Vit C speeds up healing and the tensile strenth of connective tissues and are directly propotional to the ammount consumed. Vit C also accelerates the formation of new blood vessels at the side of injury and around clots which may blocks veins. The key thing is, BUY only organic/natural supplement. No point getting the cheap synthetic supplements.

I wish Good Luck to all you guys for the operation and get well soon. The feeling of getting rid of the gynecomastia is really GREAT!!! May God Bless you all.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024