Author Topic: The nervousness has begun to set in  (Read 2141 times)

Offline dog_years

Hey y'all.  I've been reading this board for a while, its been a reassuring thing, knowing i'm not the only one.  I'm 19 years old, been living with gyne for a while now, and finally got the ability to get it removed.  My surgery is scheduled in two days and i'm getting kinda nervous.  Just here for a lil moral support.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You might think about how fortunate you are to have been born at about the same time that breast reduction surgery for men was developed.

I am a 68 year old grandpa, we had no choice but to live with it.

Presuming that you have had the apropriate lab work and that your expectations regarding the surgical outcome are reasonably well informed, your surgery should go well.

Good luck.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
I am about 10 days post op and glad I did it.  I lived with it for 20 plus years  I actually like when I see myself without a shirt on now.  Have never felt that way.  For me it was worth it.
Surgery was not a big deal.  Although when I woke up I was in excrutiating pain like someone used a cheese grater on my chest muscles.  After enough pain meds though that pain has not returned and after about 2 days it was mostly soreness and itching.  Currently the worse thing is not being able to do much.
Post surgery
Got my shirt off right now!!!!! lol

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yo.... Dawg....

No need to be nervous Dude. You'll be fine. Just follow your PS's Pre-Op instructions and everything should go smoothly.

Try not to think about it too much....  Watch a movie, go for a walk, call a friend etc....

Send me a PM if you would like to chat...

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline abaz

• Bronze Member
just think, 2 days and its a brand new you  :P

Offline dog_years

Thanks for all the support.  I had my surgery this morning, I got out about 2 and a half hours ago.  I rememer nothing at all, first the anasthesiologist was giving me something and the next thing I know it was over.  I'm currently sore as crazy but I wouldn't really classify it as pain.  Its like that feeling of working out unused muscles on steroids.  Right now I'm just watching college football with an ice pack on my chest.  I'll post something in the surgery board later, but just wanted to thank y'all.  It just feels good mentally because I just took the biggest step.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Just wanted to thank y'all.  It just feels good mentally because I just took the biggest step.

Right on Dude!

Welcome to the 'Other Side'....

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024