Author Topic: hugs  (Read 1702 times)

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
is anyone here less or comfortable giving or recieving hugs due to their gyne?
i am

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello GodWasAngry

The more I read about gynaecomastia, the more I see overlap of issues with the chest or breasts and woman.  Many women with very large breasts or that have had a mastectomy often suffer psychologically and this can include not wanting to hug other people.

I have what my surgeon classified as moderate-to-severe gynaecomastia.  I am often concerned with what I wear and how I hunch forward to 'hide' what I have.  But I have never considered giving or receiving a hug as a particular issue for me.  I guess that's because people (that I feel close enough to hug or be hugged by) would a) not notice b) not feel it and c) not care about my gynaecomastia anyway.

The only real barrier I feel that really bothers me is not feeling brave enough to take my top off in public areas such as at the beach or swimming pool.  This is when I feel incredibly conscious.  At the gym swimming pool, as soon as I have finished swimming, I throw my large towel around my neck and drape it down my chest so that it hides my chest without me looking stupid.  But anyone that has seen my chest or knows my chest bothers me would probably work out what I was doing anyway.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Surprisingly no.

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
so why dont i feel comfortable hugging people :(

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I was very uncomfortable giving people hugs. I guess that was because I had a fairly severe case of Gyne.  :-/

John.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 11:49:21 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024