Author Topic: Post op 5 hours....  (Read 2431 times)

Offline MagnumCH

Just had my surgery (excision and lypo)  early this morning.... The nurses noticed some swelling but chose to discharge me from the hospital....Now after about 5 hours i do feel some hardness  under my right pec.  I also notice that my skin is pale on that side, is this something to be concearned about? when i push my right pec in lightly i notice some fluid sounding noises underneath where the surgery was, is this common after only 5 hours of post op?

Im wearing the compression vest so i cant see fully whats underneath by I am not in much pain at all which is a good sign....

So does anyone think i should be concearned or am i just being paranoid?

If anyone has any comments please share because im a little nervous!

Offline faust

• Posting Member
I wouldn't worry about it -- obviously your chest just underwent quite a bit of trauma and physical symptoms such as the ones you describe are sure to appear.  All of the things you describe sound like common reactions to the surgery.

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
Just had my surgery (excision and lypo)  early this morning.... The nurses noticed some swelling but chose to discharge me from the hospital....Now after about 5 hours i do feel some hardness  under my right pec.  I also notice that my skin is pale on that side, is this something to be concearned about? when i push my right pec in lightly i notice some fluid sounding noises underneath where the surgery was, is this common after only 5 hours of post op?

Im wearing the compression vest so i cant see fully whats underneath by I am not in much pain at all which is a good sign....

So does anyone think i should be concearned or am i just being paranoid?

If anyone has any comments please share because im a little nervous!

The swelling can be normal.  Since you did not say anything about a drain I assume you did not have one.  Yes you can get fluid and air under your chest that feels weird.  It will be there for several days.  I had drains and could press on certain areas of my chest and I could fill up the drain with air.  Weird stuff.  

However, if you do not have drains and the fluid continues to accumulate I would call `the doctor.  He or she may want to drain it.  The paleness of skin this close to surgery could be a result of the local anestesia(especially in epinepherine was used).  If so, it will go away.
Post surgery
Got my shirt off right now!!!!! lol

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024