Author Topic: Can you guys please help me  (Read 3206 times)

Offline CDH123

Hi,
     Im 17 years old and I am obese.  I am about 5 feet 8 inches and 240 pounds. I have very large breasts.  I have recently been starting to work out and have already lost a few pounds.  I was wondering if there is anyway to tell if I had Gyne or if It was just because of fat.  I have just recently found about about Gyne.  The last time I was at the doctors he said that alot of times when boys lose alot of weight they're breasts stay and that it is a simple proceedure to fix it up.  I didnt ask much about it because I was embarassed and he did not mention anything about Gyne.

Thankyou
Chris

DrBermant

Hi,
     Im 17 years old and I am obese.  I am about 5 feet 8 inches and 240 pounds. I have very large breasts.  I have recently been starting to work out and have already lost a few pounds.  I was wondering if there is anyway to tell if I had Gyne or if It was just because of fat.  I have just recently found about about Gyne.  The last time I was at the doctors he said that alot of times when boys lose alot of weight they're breasts stay and that it is a simple proceedure to fix it up.  I didnt ask much about it because I was embarassed and he did not mention anything about Gyne.

Thankyou
Chris

Unfortunately, it can be difficult to distinguish just what is causing the problem.  Gynecomastia male breasts can be fat, gland, or most commonly a combination of both.  Sometimes skin and sagging muscles can be a factor.  It is impossible to tell from photographs if the deformity is from fat or gland. The dynamic images, of my standard set of images can show a region that compresses differently.  Even clinical examination differentiation can be difficult.

Fat tends to be soft, gland tends to be firm.  Fingers of gland often dissect between fingers of fat.  Look at this drawing and move your mouse over the arrows.  However, gland can be soft and fat firm confusing the picture.  Gland tends to be located under the nipple and pinching pressure can sometimes tether to the nipple pulling it in.

Men with excessive fat do tend to have certain contour issues.  Check out this link about Sumo Wrestlers.  Men tend to carry excessive weight in their chest and stomach.

Losing weight first, to something you are comfortable with and can maintain is typically a much better option.  Weight loss is a coarse tool.  Unfortunately, you cannot pick where weight comes from - nor can you pick where weight goes back on to.  Gland that contributes to the breast shape is not helped with weight loss.  Fingers of fat in the gland can become smaller, but the contour problem from gland does not go away.  After losing weight plastic surgery can help with localized fat, gland, and extra skin.  After surgery remaining fat cells can put on more weight.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 08:54:06 AM by DrBermant »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the surest way to tell is to work at losing the weight and see if it sticks around.  it's a good idea anyway since you want to get it down if you wind up going the surgery route anyway.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
CDH,
If there's anyone you should try not to be embarrassed with it should be that doctor.  He's not gonna go run off and tell your friends and humiliated you.  Also, as a doctor, he may be the only one who can help you, or at least point you in the right direction for help. Talk to your doctor about it further, the ice is already broken.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Hi,

Thankyou
Chris

Your first focus should be on your weight. When you get down to around 170 pounds, than start worrying about your chest.

$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
hhh, jc71, vaio;

Good responses guys! you left this old chatterbox nothing to say.

CDH123,

I hope you have been paying attention.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 04:23:45 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline CDH123

Yeah I was about to come to thank you guys for all of your help.  I have lost 7 pounds already  ;D .  Thankyou and sorry to anyone i annoyed.

Peace
Chris

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024