Author Topic: Post Op Working Out cause reoccurance?  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Thekid05

• Posting Member
ok so im a year post op my chest has been fine and it looks good but i started working out again recently... my nipples still fluctuates throughout the day size wise which is normal right? and also im afraid benching will push out the remaining gland (if there is any) so they may puff out more if i bench more? will conditioning the muscle(as in 12-15 reps) be better for me because i dont want to not work it out at all

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
I've not heard of working out being a cause of making glandular tissue recurring, but maybe someone else can throw some light on that.  I'm due surgery on Friday and will be counting the days until I can get back to the gym and give my chest a good solid workout!

As for the nipple changing size/shape during the day.  This is perfectly normal.  Temperature change and stimulation of the nipple and areola cause tiny muscles to contract contract and give the nipple a darker/smaller and more rigid appearance - and can change very rapidly, just like getting goose-pimples no less!

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
well when i went to see the endo he recommended me on doing excercises on my chest including bench and push ups, he said it'll make it go away faster or something idk

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I can name a list of things that may cause reoccurance, but working out isn't one of them.  

Then again, who knows, maybe if you're stimulating your hormones/testosterone through increased areobic and anaerobic activity, it may effect you in that way.

Hum, good question.  I still say I highly doubt it.  I don't know if there's any scientific studies on this.

Some guys say it makes it look worse when they workout because the underlying  muscle pushes out the fat and gland.  

So, I don't think it causes gyne but it may make the gyne you have look worse.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
After my run, I have obviously sweat alot and lost water and my one sided  gyno as it is a very minor case seems like it  has   disappered, shame it is only temporary... As well as that as someone else said if it is cold for example the nipple does shrink.I find the worst time for gyno is either first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

With weight  training I have a bit of gland left over and I have not noticed any difference in terms of the gyno looking worse. I bench press, done press ups etc. in fact the muscle has made the skin look tighter and less obvious around the problem area.

If your chest is fine now and you are post-op I wouldn't think there is an issue with the muscle pushing the gland out  and I have never heard of working out alone  causing gland to recur.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 01:58:37 PM by Worrier »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024