Author Topic: DIm in the UK  (Read 3080 times)

Offline masterp

• Bronze Member
hey guys can anyone recommend a site where i can get DIm in the Uk, or a really trusted and reliably cheap american site which will deliver to england

many thanks

Offline Hypo-is-here

What is your estradiol level and reference range?

Also are you on TRT?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 03:47:52 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline masterp

• Bronze Member
hey there. im not on trt because i live in the UK and they havent really got the hcg thing sorted. i am primary due to varicocele, and indeed i have had a procedure so im giving my balls a chance to catch up before i bombard them with artificial T, turning them off.

my T is very low, and my E2 is quite high (for a normal male) which considering how low my T is, my E2 is far too high for me.

i have heard that DIM, when used carefully and monitored can really help

Offline Hypo-is-here

I used to consider DIM a good natural way to help lower estradiol as it aids in the livers metabolization of estrogens, but then it also lowers dihydrotestosterone and this isn't great as DHT is an important male androgen.

Now a lot of people have great benefits from DIM and some guys that I have recommended it to felt a very positive benefit from it, so this is more of a theoretical drawback than a practical one.  Certainly the reduction in DHT is NOT on the significant levels that are seen in drugs like finasteride (which is the principle ingredient of Propecia).

But because of the DHT effect theoretical or not and because of a greater understanding as to how the androgen receptors work I would now say that zinc is probably a better natural supplement to healthily lower estradiol.

I am going to post a separate thread on zinc which you may find interesting.

Offline masterp

• Bronze Member
thanks very much. although i do use zinc, the response has only been moderate. basically i was hoping that DIm might be a good form of trt to lower estrogen levels, thus making my own amount of T have a greater effect

i really just want to know if anyone knows where i can get it in the UK

Offline Hypo-is-here

DIM is NOT a form of TRT and is probably more appropriate for men already on TRT or men with normal testosterone levels.  In particular men who use it on TRT usually have very high levels of DHT that could do with coming down a bit.

Men not on TRT who have low testosterone, like yourself are better using zinc given that DIM lowers dihdrotestosterone.

As a man with low testosterone you will already have low DHT as DHT is a metabolite of testosterone and you do not have much testosterone to fuel adequate DHT.

Low testosterone male not on TRT =  person better placed taking zinc than DIM.

To lower DHT any further in your case could result in low libido, erection difficulties and problems with muscle tone in specific areas quads, thighs lower abdomen etc.

I am aware of your history as I have spoken to you before.

If your operation has improved your testicular function your endocrinologist will be able to asses this by looking at your testosterone and more specifically your LH level.

If your LH level remains elevated in the presence of low testosterone it indicates that the testicles are not functioning adequately and that the surgery has failed to improve testicular function.  

In which case you really should be on TRT.  

If however your LH level is shown to be lower and within the normal range and your testosterone higher, the question is do you need any medication?

If a little low still it might be possible to gain improved testicular function via HCG something you would need to talk to your endo about.

But you would have to be careful with such an option because high levels of HCG would desensitise the testicles and cause further loss of testicular function and HCG is causes gynecomastia in a third of men and in fact greatly elevates estradiol, far more so than TRT.

Now you can listen to that advice or you can throw it out of the window and go and buy DIM.

Its upto you.

Best of luck.

Offline masterp

• Bronze Member
awesome reply. thanks very much. ill carry on with more zinc. what kinda dossing are you talking about

Offline Hypo-is-here

For men with low testosterone like me and you Dr Eugene Shippen recommends 100mg a day until you notice a positive difference and then 50mg a day from that point onwards.

You will need a version that contains a trace of copper so that you do not get a copper imbalance.  If you can only get zinc on its own purchase a copper supplement separately (Holland and Barratt say) and add 2.4 for every 50mg of zinc.

Take a look at my other post on zinc for more info on its importance.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 02:39:10 PM by Hypo-is-here »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024