Author Topic: post-op swelling  (Read 2489 times)

Offline babble

• Posting Member
Hello all,
I'm 7 days post-op.  I just had my pressured vest removed, but I'm so swollen that it doesn't really look that different.  I've heard that if it's fluid build up, it has to be drained... is that true?

Also, my doctor never had any blood work done to check for a hormonal imablance...  

Is it possible for this to return  ???  What to y'all recommend?

Offline encore

• Posting Member
  • woot
ya dude, my doctor says it will take atleast 4 weeks for swelling to completly go away...i was a slow healer and it took 2 months for compelete swelling to go away

i had some fluid as well which the doctor said would go away eventually.

Offline babble

• Posting Member
thanks guys, I'll check back soon... hopefully with all good news  ;D

DrBermant

Hello all,
I'm 7 days post-op.  I just had my pressured vest removed, but I'm so swollen that it doesn't really look that different.  I've heard that if it's fluid build up, it has to be drained... is that true?

Also, my doctor never had any blood work done to check for a hormonal imablance...  

Is it possible for this to return  ???  What to y'all recommend?

Swelling after gynecomastia surgery depends on the problem to be treated, surgical technique(s), skill of the surgeon, after care, and other factors.  I prefer techniques that typically minimizes swelling as can be seen on the many examples seen on my site.  When swelling is caused by fluid collection such as a hematoma, the excess fluid may have to be drained.  Such issues are best discussed with your doctor or someone familiar with your situation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline babble

• Posting Member
The thing is...

When I took the vest off my chest (7 days) was pretty flat, and I was pretty excited about being rid of this problem that has plagued me for so many years.  Now it has swollen up completely (9 days), it's soft, not sure if that's a sign of fluid or not.  I went to see another doc as my PS was hard to see right away. He seemed to think there was no evidence of any hemotoma.  

What do you think this could be?  I will be back to see my PS next week.   It's so disheartening, especially after thinking this was taken care of  :-[

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024