Author Topic: Surgery question?  (Read 1526 times)

Offline cantchooseaname

• Posting Member
I have what many call "puffy nipples".  If I were to post a picture, many would say that it looks to be cause by a gland; however, my doctor and I both cannot fell any gland present.  So basically, I guess it is just breast tissure concentrated behind the nipples.  Anyway, in my case, would lipsuction alone be suitable to get desireable results?  What if the surgeon is to remove all fat and tissue so basically it is only muscle that remains?  I work out heavily and would want a very muscular looking chest.  Is there any reason to leave a certain amount of tissue or can it all be removed?  Sorry for long post and many questions.  I am just trying to get a better understanding of the possibilities before i meet with my surgeon.  All help is much appreciated.  Thank you
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 09:43:09 PM by cantchooseaname »

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Just how do you want to cut your cake?

If you went to see three different plastic surgeons, you'd probably get three different opinions.  It's all down to what you have, what you want and what the PS does.

Think of each surgeon as an artist with their own unique style.  Unfortunately, no one can really tell you what you could expect here on a forum.  My surgeon aims to remove as much gland as possible and 'sculpt' the fat appropriately to follow a natural contour of the pectoral area.  I have read about some surgeons that leave some glandular tissue behind.  Others just perform liposuction on fat alone, however, after reading about this on here, it seems more often than not guys seem to be a little dissapointed when glandular tissue is left behind.

When significant tissue is removed, both fat and glandular, it can be a number of months before the body adjusts to this and can lead to many weeks of anxiety of how the final result may turn out.

All I can suggest is that you speak with at least three plastic surgeons that have a high caseload for male chest reduction procedures who will be in a better position to manage your expectations.

Hope that helps a little.  Best wishes.

Offline cantchooseaname

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply.

Also, I have noticed that sometimes after the surgery the nipple sometimes becomes inverted.  What causes this and is this the surgeon's mistake.  I am planning on having surgery in the future and I am a bit worried about the possible outcomes.  Thats why i keep asking these questions.  Thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024