Author Topic: glandular tissue, true gyno  (Read 4877 times)

Offline semaj

• Posting Member
I just had my fist consultation for my gyno surgery; however, there is one question that I forgot to ask the surgeon (I did email him the question).  So, I am going to ask the group.  My gynecomastia is true gyno, meaning most of my issue is glandular tissue behind the aereola.  Currently if I am in a warm environment, my areolas will become puffy and moderately large.  My qeustion is for any of you out there that have had true gyno surgery to remove glandular tissue.  Once the tissue was removed, did you skin contour to the shap of your pectroal muscle very well?  Also, did the overall size of the aerola shrink any?  I asked the surgeon about weather or not the aereola size would stay the same size (it is puffy now because of the tissue that is behind it.  What do you guys out there that have had this specific type of gyno surgery think?  BTW, I am 32 and I am not overwieght, and never have been.  I am 6'3" and about 200 LBS.  I have had this type of gyno since puberty, my aereola starting getting puffy and stayed taht way up until now.  My only defense growing up was to pinch my nipples before I took my shirt of to make the aerola shrink.  If I am in a cold environment, no one could ever tell that I have gyno, because the tissue seems to retract back, and the nipple shrinks.    I would just like to get your thoughts regarding the contour of the skin and aereola after glandular tissue is removed.

Offline bignipCT

• Bronze Member
bump, id like to know too. your case sounds pretty much like mine

Offline bogieman

• Posting Member
it shrank up for me post surgury- the dr left a little gland there telling me that i would have a concave chest if a little wasnt left- the nipple did shrink up and looks a bit larger than if i pinched it down or got a chill-

DrBermant

I just had my fist consultation for my gyno surgery; however, there is one question that I forgot to ask the surgeon (I did email him the question).  So, I am going to ask the group.  My gynecomastia is true gyno, meaning most of my issue is glandular tissue behind the aereola.  Currently if I am in a warm environment, my areolas will become puffy and moderately large.  My qeustion is for any of you out there that have had true gyno surgery to remove glandular tissue.  Once the tissue was removed, did you skin contour to the shap of your pectroal muscle very well?  Also, did the overall size of the aerola shrink any?  I asked the surgeon about weather or not the aereola size would stay the same size (it is puffy now because of the tissue that is behind it.  What do you guys out there that have had this specific type of gyno surgery think?  BTW, I am 32 and I am not overwieght, and never have been.  I am 6'3" and about 200 LBS.  I have had this type of gyno since puberty, my aereola starting getting puffy and stayed taht way up until now.  My only defense growing up was to pinch my nipples before I took my shirt of to make the aerola shrink.  If I am in a cold environment, no one could ever tell that I have gyno, because the tissue seems to retract back, and the nipple shrinks.    I would just like to get your thoughts regarding the contour of the skin and aereola after glandular tissue is removed.

There is a thin muscle under the areola skin that can flatten tissue when stimulated. Unfortunately it is impractical to keep stimulating these muscles.

I take care of many bodybuilders who have very little body fat.  It does not take much extra tissue to really interfere with the cut look of a body builder.  Some body builders have large glands causing a pointed contour.  

I prefer my Dynamic Technique to target the gland first and then sculpt the remaining fat.  I use an artist's pallet of surgical tools to sculpt the tissue.  This permits me to work with gland, fat, and or skin for my sculpture.

You can see typical results of how surgery affects the nipple / areola of my patients here in the several pages of my Nipple Areola Before After Picture Gallery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024