Author Topic: please help  (Read 2102 times)

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
you could call this begging but i dont know where to turn to,just found this site ,wish i had 15 years ago,thats how long i have been living this nitemare,whent to doctors on friday so nervous and basicaly he laugh at me he agreed i had a bad case of gyne but could not do any thing,is there any one who is in a postion to pay for me to see mr levics who every one is talking about if so please reply so i can talk to someone without them laughing

Offline Hypo-is-here

Having been a big earner but having been unable to work due to ill health I know how finances can be tough Marcus :-/

Mr Levick is in the UK, is that where you are?

If so and you do not have the funds you could get an operation on the NHS.

To do this you have to go through the mill in terms of arguing your case and waiting and waiting etc.  It can be very tough especially if you get an unsympathetic trust that doesn't like to fund these sort of things.

But if you really want the op and are in the UK you can get there eventually.

I got refused an operation by one hospital trust despite having significant gynecomastia, but I refused to take no for an answer and just got my gp to refer me to a different trust.

Three surgeons latter (one I wouldn't let near me with a scalpel who was ignorant of the procedure, another who was just a general surgeon who didn't inspire) and I found a consultant breast surgeon who I thought was upto the job.

She seemed confident and had done 80 such surgeries prior- not just the female masectomies.

I got my op for free on the NHS in December just gone.

The quality of the work may not be as good as that of a private surgeon who specializes in these things, but if you choose your surgeon carefully as I did (something people can do- though it is hard) you can still get a result that you are happy with.

If you are in the UK you can be sat where I am in X months time for free!

As long as you are prepared to learn as much about gynecomastia as you can so you can ask the right questions and distinguish between a good surgeon and a bad one and as long as you are prepared for a very tough battle to get the end result.

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
thank you for the encouragement,but i have been down that path with no sucsess

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Marcus you sound like a bit of a con......I think you are trying to get sufferers to empathise with you...and then rob them of there money......w*nker!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 07:05:12 AM by markashleigh1979 »

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
how wrong you can be to find this site after all these years is great for me photos on the way w****r

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
how do i send photos please

Offline Hypo-is-here

Marcus you sound like a bit of a con......I think you are trying to get sufferers to empathise with you...and then rob them of there money......w*nker!

It is very unfair to say something like that without proof just because you know that some people might do that.

Come on Mark :-/

Marcus,

If you take a digital photo and you go on the net and type in photos and yahoo then you can go to a link that will allow you to register so that you can upload your digital photos onto the internet.

Then you can simply post and include the url to the page with your pictures and people here will be able to click on the link and view them.

You can do that if you wish, but it isn't going to get you any further to sorting this issue out.

Can I ask questions with a view to coming up with some ideas?

What was the problem you encountered on the NHS?

Was it a poor gp who refused to refer you?

Was it a surgeon who refused to operate?

Was it a surgeon who would operate whom you didn't trust?

Was it a problem with the hospital trust refusing to fund the operation or refusing on psychological grounds etc.

If you tell me what your experiences were and how things went wrong for you I am sure I can help you and to be honest this is a more realistic expectation than someone paying for your op, I think that is unfortunately unlikely to happen.

I am not Bull sh1ting you, I have had problems with the NHS and hospital trusts but I fought the system and won.

You can too and I can help you do it- if that is what you want?

Offline BR_Guy

• Posting Member
Marcus,

If you really need some help to an appointment, try the doctor, directly. If there someone that can better help you with a free appointment, is the doctor itself.

Or try some public service. Look for a psychologist, first. He/she will not laugh, for sure, and will tell you how to get an appointment with a surgeon or some.

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
thanks to the people who understood,went to a diffrent doctors and gp today ,he agreed on what i had and how i suffered, he is refering me to addenbrooks,maybe this is the sart of the end for thi problem we all suffer

Offline Hypo-is-here

A change of gp can do the trick if the problem is an intransigent gp who wont refer.

I hope things work out this time Marcus.

Let us know how it goes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024