Author Topic: My Surgery Chicago, Illinois  (Read 3355 times)

Offline skullmen3

My doctor was Dr. Stefan Szczerba. I was getting Lyposuction done.

The night before surgery I was worried sick, not the fact of the surgery it self but of the general Anesthetia. So I watch lots of videos on Plastic surgeory, and basically read all teh surgery forums. The day of the surgery was set on 8:00 on 2/7/06 I was woke up, with a jaw ache unfortunatly. My mom and I drove from the suburbs to Chicago, to the UIC Hospital, we were late because of heavy traffic. 5 minutes into the waiting room, and I was called in, to get dressed for surgery. I found the socks very comforting :) The Anesthiologist was very nice and hooked me up to iv, i didnt even feel the needle, infact that was the worst part probably. She said that right now I was only getting Medicine in me right now, then Dr. Szczerba came and started marking me up with a sharpie. That good medicine really relaxed me, or else i might of ran away, but the way i saw it, i needed to get rid of these boobies.
      I laid back down on the bed and thats all i remember. I woke up with the nurse telling me that I was all done, I dont even remember going to sleep. I didnt get to see my doctor after the surgery or my anesthiolgist, I have to wait till Next Thursday for that. I really wanted to see teh after pic he took, I guess ill just have to wait till I takt eh bandages off myself. I was wrapped around in this stuff, forget the name and it wasnt a vest. Also, when I woke up, I didnt really feel any pain, I rated it as a 3. or liek most peope would say, a hard work out feeling. Later on it started to hurt, so i took them pain killers, back to normal. the pain killers also took care of my jaw. I also have a Sore throat, probably from the respirator, that I didnt notice.

So basically surgery was a sinch and I tell anyone who is ognna get surgery, not to worry at all, becuase they wont even notice. General anesthetic is the way to go and maybe ull get lucky and have a hot Anesthisologist like me :)    Now All I have to do is wait for my results. I hope the turn out great.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Thats such a relif to hear how easy it went for you. If you dont mind me asking what were your original fears about general?

Offline skullmen3

I was afraid of general anesthetic for some reasons. I was afraid that when they put me to sleep, that I would not wake up, sort of like I was in a coma. I was Also afraid that when I was asleep, I could feel the pain, but couldn't wake up from the anesthetic. On the news some time back, they interviewed a lady it happend to. She said she coudl feel all the pain, but couldnt do anything to stop it becuase she was paralyzed. I guess thats pretty much it.

Im not sure on the exact charge, but i think it was around 4.5k or something, ill have to check and makesure. My uncle took care of teh bill :) Infact its cause of him I was brave enouph to go to the doctor, hes the one who said I had man boobies, while most people would just stare and not talk, my uncle made fun of me.

I was such a pro at covering my gyne, my mom had no idea this whole time that I had it, but the one day I didnt, my uncle noticed. Im happy he did, Im gonnna take off my bandaids soon.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Those are all very real fears for me as well! Mostly though just being concious during the surgery and feeling the pain. Please, how did you deal with these fears. I'm going under the knife in less then a month and I'm already nerveous  :-/

Offline skullmen3

Basically what I did to deal with these fears was tell people that I was afraid of surgery, and I talked to people who had already gone general anesthetic. They said what im gonna tell u, its real simple, u just go to sleep and wake up, and u dont even realize u had the surgery when u wake up. And once they hook u up to the IV they inject medice that basically relaxes u, and soon enouph they will inject the anesthetic and u will be a sleep. U most probably wont remember falling asleep like me. The last part I remember was the dr. writing on me with a sharpie and tellign me to lay back down. I also thought, that im finally gonne be gonna be done with this burden.

Okay guys I took off all my wrap, and I noticed one side is different from the other. It seems like on my left side, under the nipple there is like a dent, probably becuase there was more force in that one area pushing on it. Also my right side, underneath the nipple is bigger. I phoned the doctor who assisted in the surgeory(hes doing residency) and he said it was just swelling, and it will even  out, then he said that I should come in tomorrow morning. I think something is wrong, ill let u guys know what happens, I really hope not, becuase I dont want them to redo surgeory. I blame the junior doctor :(. I will let u guys know what goes down, I really hope its just swelling.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Hmm, dont worry man I'm sure its just swelling, its to soon to tell either way.

Hmm its funny, Ive already been under General once. But I really cant remeber it, I was only three at the time. So this is all so new to me its scary, thanks for your reassuring words.  

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Also I have another question, when you go under: Does it feel like waking up from a night a sleep? Or was it just like a blink of an eye(so to speak). Just give me an idea of how long it feels for you.

Offline skullmen3

Okay back from teh Doctor. He called to make sure I didnt have a lung related error, as in the lung serpating from the ribcage causing the air bubbles underneath, so I had an ex-ray done to confirm if it was true or not. I was fine.

Anyways, I hate this Ace Wrap, it take so long to wrap, and then it usually comes apart. Should I buy one of those vests? if I do which one do u guys recommend?

I dont remember exactly, but I think it was a blink of eye sleep, not the sleep when u go to night sleep. Only becuase I dont remember when I fell asleep. Sorry I really cant help u there, rest assured, ur surgeory will be fine, infact some people wish they could get general anesthetic as home thing and regular basis :) Im sure it wont make a difference on what kind of sleep it is, but I dont remember me having any dreams when I was under the anesthetic, if that helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024