Author Topic: Questions  (Read 2824 times)

Offline hillross

• Posting Member
So its time to come with terms with having gynecomastia ( even ifs its not the worst case its bad enough). Even though i think deep down i knew i had it, i manged to still think exercise would fix it ( a lot of exercise ). So now i just need some help to be pointed in the correct direction. Firstly i havent even been to the doctors and figure i'll need to do this before i can even consider the surgery. Then comes the money. I'm in a lucky enough position that i can easily save around $200 a week so lets say i plan the surgery for 20 weeks time etc i should have enough money. Do surgens normally let you book that far a head with a deposit???
So when it comes around i should be able to take a week off work. After that weeks up will i be able to go back to work???? I pretty much want to do this with no one knowing so would it be possible to get the op done and just pretend to be sick and stay in bed for a week??

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Hello Hillross,
Even if it isn't the worst case, i'm sure it has effected your life. Price varies from location to location. Are you in the US?  We typically see $3,000 - $5,000 for the surgeons fee, $800 facility fee and $800 for the anesthesia.  That can also vary on gyne severity.

I wouldn't go the deposit route.  My PS wants 50% 2 weeks prior to surgery and the other 50% on surgery day.

Good luck to you.  :)

Offline hillross

• Posting Member
i'm from Australia. I really hope it doesnt cost more than $4000 for everything :( My main concern is how well i will be able to hide this from people if i get it done. I wonder if theres any one that lets you pay in installments as the sooner i get this done the better.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I wonder if theres any one that lets you pay in installments as the sooner i get this done the better.

Some PS's have discrete credit services with reasonable interest rates.

I had my surgery today and feel great! Although I have to wear the bandage for a week. Therefore you should take at least one week to recoupe. Otherwise people will be asking what is under your shirt and why. :-X

I'm off work for 2 weeks as I have a fairly physical job. My employer kindly granted me two weeks ( of the four weeks that I am entitled to ) advance vacation time for the 2005 vacation period.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 01:44:44 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline hillross

• Posting Member
yeah i'm not to worry about having to wear a vest etc. I'm looking to get it done in winter (thats when i'll have the cash) and can easily wear two shirts ( my work one being a rather lose button up shirt. My concern is more that a week is the max i can take off so i really need to be able to go back to work after that. I would hate to not be able to do this because of it.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Hillross,
That shouldn't be a problem. What type of work do you do?  I wouldn't rush it. That's tough because financially it may put a strain on you to miss more work, on the other hand, you want to make sure you don't aggravate or tear something by working too soon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024