Author Topic: Time to allow between surgery and flight?  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Houstonian

• Posting Member
hey guys, i'm having surgery out of state (probably with Dr. Bermant), how many days should i allow between surgery date and departure?

would surgery on a tuesday and then flying back on sunday be enough time to fly comfortably?

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
That should be more then enough time my friend.

Offline unisys

• Bronze Member
I think I read that the only reason you shouldn't fly back the next day is because you might still feel the after effects of the anesthesia (nausea, etc.).  Getting surgery on Tuesday and flying back Sunday should be fine in your case.

DrBermant

hey guys, i'm having surgery out of state (probably with Dr. Bermant), how many days should i allow between surgery date and departure?

would surgery on a tuesday and then flying back on sunday be enough time to fly comfortably?

We see patients from around the world and many are able to fly the day after surgery for some types of male chest sculpture.  With my Dynamic Technique that typically does not need drains and minimizes bruising flight out of Richmond can be as early as the day after surgery.  Although we give a prescription for strong pain medication, most patients tell us they are comfortable on Tylenol alone.  When follow up by telephone is appropriate, patients flying the next day tell me that their travel was very comfortable.  

Time in Richmond after surgery depends on the problem to be treated, surgical techniques, and other factors we are happy to help you explore during a consultation or Preliminary Remote Discussion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024