Author Topic: Quick bio. and ? about nipple reduction  (Read 2453 times)

Offline istillgotit

• Posting Member
     Hey everyone, i just joined this forum and want to thank everyone for the very valuable info sharring on here.  Just a little info. about me:

i have gone under the knife twice so far for gyne. Unfortunately i am still not completely gyne free.  The first operation was performed by an Army GS at Walter Reed.  The doc did not get all the tissue out........but thank god he didn't deform my chest.  ( the procedure was free of course )  The second operation was performed by a doctor in south jersey, and of course i still was unaware of what questions to ask the doctor and did not question his experience and.......you guessed it, he didn't get all the gyne out of my right side.  ( this proceedure was covered by my insurance )  So, now i am unbalanced and the right side of my chest causes me pain when i wear my vest for work and it appears larger then the left when viewed. This of course, is not exceptable.  Anyway, i have an appointment to see / on 2/21 wish me luck.  I think i am on the right track with this doc.

Sorry for rambling, one quick question.  When an experienced doctor performs this surgery, can they actually reduce the size of a persons nipples for a better appearance.  I realize the nipples will get somewhat smaller after the surgery normally, but can they also be reduced by the doctor during surgery?   Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for the responses.     
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:12:49 AM by cleanup »

Offline Midwestdude

• Posting Member
Are you speaking specifically of the NIPPLES themselves, or the areola?  Posters tend to use the terminology interchangably on this site.

I had nipple reduction surgery last month but it was actually for the nipples, which were abnormally long and protruded too far out from the areola.

Offline istillgotit

• Posting Member
Are you speaking specifically of the NIPPLES themselves, or the areola?  Posters tend to use the terminology interchangably on this site.

I had nipple reduction surgery last month but it was actually for the nipples, which were abnormally long and protruded too far out from the areola.

No, sorry about that i am talking about the areola.

DrBermant

Hey everyone, i just joined this forum and want to thank everyone for the very valuable info sharring on here.  Just a little info. about me:

i have gone under the knife twice so far for gyne. Unfortunately i am still not completely gyne free.  The first operation was performed by an Army GS at Walter Reed.  The doc did not get all the tissue out........but thank god he didn't deform my chest.  ( the procedure was free of course )  The second operation was performed by a doctor in south jersey, and of course i still was unaware of what questions to ask the doctor and did not question his experience and.......you guessed it, he didn't get all the gyne out of my right side.  ( this proceedure was covered by my insurance )  So, now i am unbalanced and the right side of my chest causes me pain when i wear my vest for work and it appears larger then the left when viewed. This of course, is not exceptable.

Sorry for rambling, one quick question.  When an experienced doctor performs this surgery, can they actually reduce the size of a persons nipples for a better appearance.  I realize the nipples will get somewhat smaller after the surgery normally, but can they also be reduced by the doctor during surgery?   Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for the responses.     

For some, real skin reduction is important.  Such scars can be an issue for many, but someone after a massive weight loss and nipples down to their belly button finds such skin sculpture scars a reasonable trade.

Here a case from Australia of gigantic areola complication from another doctor's areola reduction surgery.  This Revision Areola / Nipple Reduction used a Donut Reduction Technique.

When the areola tissue is stretched out by fat and gland, reduction often results in both a diameter and height decrease after surgery.  Some patients actually have a fine cast of gland just under the areola that will keep them "puffy" after surgery if this "shell" of firm tissue is not removed. 

You can browse a nipple / areola gallery before and after surgery that has many such examples.

Learning about the compromises and possible trade offs is best done during a consultation with your surgeon.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 08:53:36 AM by DrBermant »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Dr. Bermant:  Have you ever heard the term "Gynoplasty" to describe the technique used to remove fat/gland from a man's chest?

DrBermant

Dr. Bermant:  Have you ever heard the term "Gynoplasty" to describe the technique used to remove fat/gland from a man's chest?

From Dorlands Medical Dictionary:

gynoplasty (gyno·plas·ty)  (gi´-) (ji´no-plas”te)  plastic or reconstructive surgery of the female reproductive organs. Called also gyneplasty and gynoplastics.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!

From Dorlands Medical Dictionary:

gynoplasty (gyno·plas·ty)  (gi´-) (ji´no-plas”te)  plastic or reconstructive surgery of the female reproductive organs. Called also gyneplasty and gynoplastics.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Interesting. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 06:17:33 AM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024