Author Topic: Strange, but I think it's been good for me  (Read 2408 times)

Offline bio421

Hi,

Ok, this is going to sound a bit strange, but I think in my case the gyneo has been something of a blessing in disguise.

I'm in my early 30's now, and have had a bit of time to reflect on the condition, which I've had since puberty. Because of it, I've followed a rigorous program of diet and excersice, which seems to help minimize the effect (I'm guessing by keeping additional fat from accumulating). Also, I've been kept from otherwise being a 'look at me with my shirt off' kind of guy. I spent less time at the beach, and more time in college.

It's probable that without the condition, by now I'd be 30 lbs overweight and out of shape just like everybody else seems to be. Also, who knows how studious or arrogant I'd have been, if hanging out on the beach, looking beautiful had been an option.

Just something to think about.

Offline NoMoreBoobies

• Posting Member
I would have to agree with you to some extent.  I started working out when I was younger because of my gyno and now I'm very hardcore into bodybuilding and eventhough I've had the surgery, it's kept me going strong with making sure i'm very healthy.  I am now 195lbs 6'0 tall and have 9% Body Fat.  It's really been a motivation tool for me.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member

Offline bignipCT

• Bronze Member
Hi,

Ok, this is going to sound a bit strange, but I think in my case the gyneo has been something of a blessing in disguise.

I'm in my early 30's now, and have had a bit of time to reflect on the condition, which I've had since puberty. Because of it, I've followed a rigorous program of diet and excersice, which seems to help minimize the effect (I'm guessing by keeping additional fat from accumulating). Also, I've been kept from otherwise being a 'look at me with my shirt off' kind of guy. I spent less time at the beach, and more time in college.

It's probable that without the condition, by now I'd be 30 lbs overweight and out of shape just like everybody else seems to be. Also, who knows how studious or arrogant I'd have been, if hanging out on the beach, looking beautiful had been an option.

Just something to think about.

one way to look at it, but i know for a fact my mild case of gyne is the reason im a health freak today.

Offline Snake

• Posting Member
Well, I'm sure its helped me to be more understanding of others.  I'd like to think I'd be a "nice guy" with or without gyne though.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The surgery which is so common now has existed for a relatively short amount of time.

Liposuction originated in Italy about 1975 if my information is correct and was not common in the U.S. until ten years later. Its use for male breast reduction came late yet.

I am 68 Years old and there was no choice but to live with it. Your self acceptance and maturity seems well beyond your age in years. Congratulations and Good Luck.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024