Author Topic: Is this true?  (Read 1845 times)

BtotheB

I've heard two things about Gyne and am wondering if this is true...

1- It goes away within a couple of years for most people.

2- It goes away with weight loss(If you are overweight).

Or, is it that surgery is the only option?

:-[\

Thank you
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 08:13:43 PM by BtotheB »

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
1) If you are in your teens, there is a good chance it will resolve itself.
2) That is psuedo gynecomastia ( hope its spelt right) which is mainly fat .........and fat can be burned off.....real gyncomastia is excessive gland.

3) If it is gland and you are passed puberty i would say an op is the only option......
if you have just recently developed  gyne and it is still a lump and has not turned fibrous ( Ones it spreads out and feels like a mixture of fat and string , an op is the only solution)....then you may be able to correct it with novadex (tamoxifen)

Hope this helps...
Mark

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would answer only slightly differently.

1) Yes.  if still in puberty.  Yes also in some cases where it is due to a side effect of prescription medications in adulthoood if the offending medication is quickly withdrawn.

2) This is hard to answer because the breast enlargement is rarely fat alone but most often a combination of glandular tissue and fat. The breast area is also a common and normal place for fat to deposit and sometimes even dieting to excess will will not have the desired effect. I would add that prior to consideration of surgery the weight should be within normal range for height.

Because the effects of gynecomastia are essentially Psychological rather than Physical; I do not like to distinguish between them as the effect is the same.

The definition of gynecomastia that I tend to favor includes any growth, enlargement, or feminization of the male breast.  Using that definition, 2/3 or more of all men have it at some point in their life.
Grandpa Dan

Offline PolishGuy25

The matter of fact is that if gyno doesn't go away within
a few years, chances are it will never go by itself. It is
also near impossible to treat it with drugs.

Sorry to say that, but the surgery may be the only viable
option.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024