Author Topic: My Dr. is revising mine for FREE.  (Read 6774 times)

Offline haletownhill

• Posting Member
I went to see my doctor today for the first time since my Nov. 2 surgery.  I wasn't happy with the results as I felt that he didn't take out enough.

I reluctantly went to see him (those of you who have been disatisfied with your procedure know how it feels, how it hurts after having your hopes up).

We talked, he played with my boobs, and told me that he thought I needed some glandular excision and skin removal.  He told me he could do it in his office.  I was waiting to hear how much it was going to cost.  He's doing it completely free.  I'll update on how it turns out.  Surgery is March 15.  I feel like I just got a late Christmas present.  :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yeah, I have read on other threads, that if you are not satisfied with the results, the Doc will fix you up at no extra cost.   :)
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
not uncommon at all.  should be good news to those who are afraid they may have to go back for a 2nd surgery and don't have the money.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 07:16:10 AM by jc71 »

Offline haletownhill

• Posting Member
I was pretty angry about the whole thing, and it almost prevented me from going back to my doc at all.  To me, at least, the before and after didn't look like there was much done at all.  

I was depressed as hell.  I still haven't had the will to work out my chest since my sugery Nov 2.

I hope I am back on here early this summer raving about what an excellent surgeon I have here in Dallas.  As for now he shall remain nameless.   8)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
That's unfortunate :(.  I'm sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the results.  Hopefully your Doc will get the rest of it on the second Op.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 11:30:44 AM by Bambu »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
haletownhills,

That showed a lot of courage.  Way to have the balls to go back to the Dr. and complain if you weren't happy with the results. Taking action like that will pay off for you.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 02:28:15 PM by jc71 »

Offline haletownhill

• Posting Member
Well yesterday was the revision surgery.  I was wide awake and only local anasthesia.

It was pretty cool.  Doc was friendly and able to answer all of my (many) questions while the procedure was progressing.  I even got to see a little chunk of the gland he removed, after I was all sewed up.

No worse than going to the dentist, probably not even as bad, I would say.  I tend to be a pretty curious person, though, so for me it was more like watching one of those surgery shows, only I got to ask the questions and hear the sounds, etc...

As of this morning, however, damn it is sore.  Much more sore than the lipo was.  I think its partly because I am not wearing a compression vest.  Partly because of all the nerve endings involved in skin removal, etc.  Nipples were not made to be sliced and stitched. When the erectile tissue decides to do its thing....ow.

Anyway, doc took a small ring of skin out from around each nip and dug around a bit for some gland spots and took those out.  Skin is all bunched up and wrinkled where its been cinched.  Doc says it will smooth out.  I'm very happy with the new contour in a shirt already.  I will update, and hopefully some pics soon.

Offline Sad_But_True

• Posting Member
  • I hate Man Boobs!
Hey haletown :)

I'm going through the same nightmare you went through. I'm glad everything worked out in the end for you.

But here's my situation, I went back to the doc (9 mths post opp) with the same complaint (more needs to be removed). I told him I was'nt happy, but get this, he says that there's nothing wrong! Is it that he is just trying to avoid doing another procedure for free or what!?

I think what I'm gonna do is go get a second opinion from another doc, but then i dont know if I should go back to the original doc afterwards...im stuck  ???

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
sad_but_true, i fall into your camp, too  :'(

can you post some current pics if you have them? i'd be interested in seeing what your doctor refers to as "fine."
if you have pre-op pics that would be helpful, too.

i've posted my 1 year (actually about 14 months) post-op pics in the PHOTOS section. i'll post the pre-op pics for a good comparison once i get those from the doc.

peace brutha....

Offline Spleen

Hale,

Did you get lipo-only that first time?  It seems like most disappointed patients on this board just got lipo the first time out.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 06:41:19 AM by Spleen »

Offline Sad_But_True

• Posting Member
  • I hate Man Boobs!
hey guys, I'm gonna post my (belive it or not) post opp photos, and you'll see what I'm talking about... ???

And I actually did'nt have lipo at all, just excision. Maybe that's the problem.

Offline haletownhill

• Posting Member
Hale,

Did you get lipo-only that first time?  It seems like most disappointed patients on this board just got lipo the first time out.

Yes first time was lipo only.  I would not recommend lipo only to anyone who thinks at all that there might be some gland to their problem.

My incisions are healing nicely but I don't know if I will be happy with the end results or not.  I guess the day I am is the day I lose interest in reading this discussion forum.

Offline donescobar2000

• Posting Member
Hmm... I was reading this thread and I got the thinking.  My doc suggested that I might need a second procedure.  This was in the Summer of 2003 though.  I never went back to him because I thought he might be trying to dry me out of money.  Should I go back since I am not happy with my procedure?  I am am not.  I have such a retarded chest that the shit depresses me. :(

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Hmm... I was reading this thread and I got the thinking.  My doc suggested that I might need a second procedure.  This was in the Summer of 2003 though.  I never went back to him because I thought he might be trying to dry me out of money.  Should I go back since I am not happy with my procedure?  I am am not.  I have such a retarded chest that the shit depresses me. :(

Bro, if your doc told you that you would have a certain result (i.e. you would be flat and look great), then I would hold him to that assurance.

If you are not flat and do not look great, and it is a result of the surgery not being as successful as he/she indicated, then I would most certainly expect the surgeon to remedy the situation on their dime.

Offline donescobar2000

• Posting Member
This completely makes sense.  I will have to give his office a call tomorrow.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024