Author Topic: Surgery In A Month!  (Read 2504 times)

Offline tank5559

• Posting Member
Hey all!

Well im 21 and have a good case of gynocomastia. I used to weigh 260lbs, ive dropped to 195lbs and trying to get to my goal of 180lbs.

I wanted to lose weight first before i had the surgery, making sure it wasnt weight related. Too bad it wasnt =( Also stopped smoking marijuana and been clean for 5 months... didnt help either.

Anyways, i went to my Dr. and pointed me to a Plastic Surgeon. So they clinicaly concluded that i did have it =(

So i will be having surgery on the 27th of March. (I had a rash under my arms so they want that to clean up before they do surgery for obvious reasons.)

Turns out all it will cost me is 20$ + prescription!!! That suprised the hell out of me. If i knew it was covered under my insurance i wouldnt have saved up 1.5k! (Kaiser rocks!) and done this years ago!!

Well i will be taking pictures and getting everything i assume everyone needs to know before and after the surgery. I had tons of questions and read hundreds of post before i found what i needed to know.

Anyways wish me luck guys! Ill post my before pics later on today in the appropiate section.

If you have any questions you would like answered ask me here and ill take note of it when if/it happens

« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 07:14:32 PM by tank5559 »

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Hey man grats, I'm having surgery next week! Whos your doctor?

Offline tank5559

• Posting Member
http://www.permanente.net/doctor/robinhardiman/

Suprised me when she walked in, i assumed it would be a male. And of course was a bit embarrased talking about this.

Hope your surgery goes well!

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Did she say how many Gyne surgerys she does a month? Also I was looking at her site and never saw a section devoted to male breast reduction or Gyne. If she seemed to know what she was talking about I wouldent be very concerned.

Offline tank5559

• Posting Member
I didnt ask how many she has done. Allthough that will be a question i will ask at my pre-op.

But it seemed she knew what she was talking about. She was very educated on male gyne; talking about chemical imbalances, etc.

Im not too worried... but after reading that post about "waking while surgery" made me a bit uncomfortable... haha

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
I'm sorry for bringing this up, but I felt it should be out in the open for us to discuss. I have never read once on this site of anyone even being slightly aware during surgery.

Like all things in life ther are risks, and for me the new life outweighs the risks. I still drive my car and walk down the street even though the risks are probally even greater there.

Anyways good luck, be sure to ask.

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
dude so what happened? whats up with the surgery? What Kaiser plan do you have? I am in desperate need of getting this surgery covered!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024