Author Topic: Excision  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
  • Everythings Bigger In Texas
When y'all talk about surgeons doing "excision" and such, what exactly do y'all mean?

I know the definition of excision is to remove something by cutting.

So, do y'all mean the removing of the glandular tissue? Or of the excess skin some patients have?
Man Boobs Gone In 3 Weeks.
Hopefully It All Works Out.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
It means removing tissue by cutting around the nipple.

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
Alright, thanks.

Also, is excision a good thing for puffy-nippled people like myself?

Offline notanymore

• Posting Member
puffy nips=gland=need for incision.

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
Ight, thanks for the info.

DrBermant

When y'all talk about surgeons doing "excision" and such, what exactly do y'all mean?

I know the definition of excision is to remove something by cutting.

So, do y'all mean the removing of the glandular tissue? Or of the excess skin some patients have?

You can see actual pictures during excision of the gland during Gynecomastia Surgery at the bottom of this page.  Excision is one of the tools of my artist's palette for my Dynamic Technique Male Chest Sculpture.

An incision at the edge of the areola opens up for me an artist's palette of tools not available when using the armpit approach.  That is why I prefer my Dynamic Technique.

I have also seen patients from other doctors with channel problems between remote access sites and the areola / nipple.  Scars, adhesions, and depressions can look terrible.  Check out the lateral (side views) and posterior oblique (side from the back views with and without muscle flexion here to see what I mean.  

This approach permits me to maximize the removal of the firm gland and sculpt the remaining fat.  

The areola chest skin interface is a great place to hide a scar.  Check out the many before after pictures of this Areola / Nipple Gallery here, here, and here.  These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Ight, thanks for the info.

Do yourself a favor and learn to talk like a normal human being.
The "black male raised in the urban ghetto" slang-language will kill your chances for success in life unless you want to be a rap-star.  ;)

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
DrBermant, thanks for the post, It helped my understanding a lot.

STILLgotIT, there's no need to be a jack@ss.
"Ight" is my way of shortening "Alright," which I said in the post before the one you quoted. It would be boring if people said the same thing in posts over and over again, so I put variety in mine. I'm from Dallas, Texas, and I tend to, like most Texans, abbreviate things when I talk/type.
Besides, listen to "normal human beings," and I assure you that you'll hear "ight" used. Unless you dont get out of your house often.
If people like you wouldnt respond to a legitimate question with an insult, this forum would benefit from it.
Now, you sir, act like a "normal human being" and apologize for being an @sshole. Thanks.
I can continue if need be, to show that I know proper English. If you speak in everyday life like you type, you'd be labeled a geek, nerd, prick, whatever floats your boat.

My chances for success in life are most likely higher than yours will ever be.

Peace out prick.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 08:33:26 AM by Texan »

Offline NewLifeStartsMay4th

• Bronze Member
    • pre-post pics
FYI excision can also be done from the armpit as evidenced by Dr. Metzner of Louisiana and Dr. Paul Levick in the U.K.  Dr. Frank Lista in Canada has supposedly also developed a way to excise without cutting around the areola but I haven't seen any post-op patients of his on these boards.

NARGLE
what can you tell me about dr. metzner?
Surgery may 4th Dr. Metzner New Orleans
http://deuce-po.magix.net/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024