Author Topic: Surgery Yesterday - Dr. Turner: Winnipeg  (Read 5721 times)

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Well its done, yesterday I had surgery with Dr. Turner in Winnipeg. It was done at Victoria hospital at 10:30am. The following is a full account of my operation.

I woke up around 6:30am and got dressed. I wore a T-shirt, jeans, a zip-up hoddie, and a light jacket. I hadent ate anything since last night, it didnt matter I was to nerveous to be hungry. Me and my mom left the house around 8:00, we arrived at the hospital around 8:30 and got me addmited. They put a wristband around my right wrist. We then went into the first waiting room. A lady came to get me, she mesured my height then she weighed me. She told me to put all my clothes into a bag and to change into the hospital gown. I did so, I had only wished the gown was a little longer.

Afterwards she brought me to a chair where I met with a nurse Robyn, she was very nice. We did blood pessure/allergies and so forth. I waited in the chair, they brought my mom in to keep me company. Dr. Turner came in to talk to me before the operation, he drew some lines on my chest and showed me where he was going to make incisions. He then left me again, next came the Anaesthesiologist to see me, he seemed to be an older man, I figured he knew his shit. Lastly came a man from the OR to take me into the room, I followed him all the way to the operating room #5.

This was possibly the most nerveous part for me, the nurse asked me get on the operating table! I was looking all around me seeing medical instruments, big overhead lights and lots of people with masks on. I asked where Dr. Turner was, they told me he hasent arrived yet. I lied down on the table, the Anaesthesiologists stuck in the IV on top of my left hand with lots of tape. I was then passed a mask, I was asked to breathe deeply into it, they had told me it was oxygen. The nurse asked me if I was feeling the effect of the anesthetic yet. I repplied a "no, not yet" through my breaths of oxygen...

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

...I asked the nurse beside me where I was, she said the recovery room.  I thought good its over with wasent that easy. She asked me if I was in pain, I replied that my chest felt a little tight. She said it was probably from the tight dressing that was around my chest. I asked if it was ok if I took a nap, she said sure. I awoke about 15 minutes latter, and chatted with the nurse some more.

Then another nurse came and wheeled me into another room. I complained how my mouth was dry and she brought me some water to drink. I had to wait in this next room for about an hour just so they could monitor me, they said that they would bring me some toast and juice, apple juice to be exact. They brought my mom and we talked for bit, I sat up and had toast. After the hour was over I got dressed and went to bathroom.

I had some preety big drains on me there, they were awkard to say the least.  Me and my parents drained them once the night and once more in the morning. When I arrived home I had subway and some medication! I spent my whole night on the couch resting. I slept from 10:30pm - 8:30am.

Today I just got back from Turner's office where I got my drains + dressing removed. I got to say my chest dosent look perfect lots of swelling+brusing. But so far its an improvement and its only day 1. Now here I am at home with surgical tape on my nipples, and an ace bandage. I'm going to stay home for the next four days and take it easy. Monday I should be heading back for a day of school. Anyways if you have any questions or coomments please add em here. Sorry if I'm trailing I'm getting bored of writing this post, more updates and pictures to come. Latter!

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
sounds like the anesthesiologist was the easiest part.

Offline ruinedlifenew

• Posting Member
  • one day this username will change...
AWESOME, Allen!! KEEP US UPDATED!   ;D

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Well since the surgery ive already went for two showers. Both times my chest has been very tender. It looks alot better but nipples still appear slightly puffy and I belive will only look worse once the doctor removes the tape. Ive already felt the nipple and can tell that theres no gland present anymore. My chest looks really green from all the brusing. Last night I went for a couple hours shopping and was fine.

Right now the only position I have trouble with is reaching for something above my head. I'm off any pain pills. Still taking Vitamin A and C.  Had subway tonight, BLT on Italien Herb and Chesse. I swear to god I'm addicted to that restaurant.

Oh and by the way I look great in a T-Shirt, mostley due to the fact that the bandages are around my chest but we shall see.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
sounds like the anesthesiologist was the easiest part.

Oh yes it really was, it was also the part I was really worried about. After reading countless stories about people becoming aware during general anesthetic, this really scarred me and I was relived that nothing of the sort happended to me. I didnt feel sick or anything when I came out of it either. I felt like I woke up from a very long nap that is all.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Okay during my shower today I took some observations on my chest. The swelling seems to have gone down and I like the way my nipples are turning out. But! It would appear someone has taken a yellow highlighter and colored on my chest! The bruising is looking bad, I have a pre-op visit with my doctor this friday.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024