Author Topic: Some advice for everyone.  (Read 1763 times)

Offline letspray

1. Choose your surgeon wisely.
Be sure to choose a board certified PLASTIC surgeon.  Sometimes doctors refer to themselves as COSMETIC surgeons and perform surgeries they aren't qualified to do.

2. Don't accept lipo-only.
Unless your gynecomastia is a result of fat and not glandular tissue, lipo-only will NOT work.  Don't let any surgeons fool you.

3. Make sure you're happy with where the incisions are going to be made before surgery.
Sometimes people are just anxious to have the boobs removed, and don't realize how bad or noticeable the scars will be until after surgery.  The more hidden they are, the better you'll feel about it.

4. If your surgery doesn't turn out good, make sure you let your surgeon know you aren't happy.
Grow some balls and throw a fit.  It's an expensive investment, and if you don't get what you paid for, you have every right to be angry.  If they don't want to provide a free revision, or if they try to charge you for it, get angry, tell them it's bullsh*t, and leave.  Wait a week or two, then request your medical records. People request records for 2 reasons ... one is to get a second opinion, and the other is to begin the litigation process.  Bad doctors don't want to go to court, so they'll do what it takes to make you happy.

I learned this all from experience.  Don't make the same mistakes I did!

Best of luck.

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
i finally feel like im a man

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024