Author Topic: Tissue thickening post-op??  (Read 2038 times)

Offline order66

Hello all,

I've been reading this board for a long time but never posted. I had surgery 3 weeks ago and it seemed to go pretty well. I'm happy with my left side but something strange has been going on on the right side. I went back to see my surgeon and he said that the tissue inside had thickened and it should probably resolve over time!? Has anyone else experienced this? I basically have the same problem as pre-op but it just happens to feel different. It''s not flabby at all though. There's a big ball of denser tissue in there and only on one side. I can detect a very small sort of the same thing on the other side.

So I'm a little concerened...I'm wondering if anyone else had this and did it resolve? How long did it take? It might be related to swelling I think but it's not particularly sore or anything. Also, there had been fluid build up a little on that side after the drain was taken out which he removed with a needle and it never came back... but now this.

Thanks for any input.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
No two people will ever heal the same.  Your skin and fat tissues have recently had significant trauma.  This will cause bruising, swelling, heat, pain scar tissue and often, depression!

I sounds logical that if you have had bi-lateral excision and liposuction (ie similar amount of work on each side of your chest) you'd think things would heal pretty much the same on each side.  But in practice this is not always the case.  At only three weeks post op, you have quite a way to go.  Unless there is new swelling or discomfort, wait until you are at least twelve weeks post op before making any initial judgements on your surgery.  If you are still not happy that things are progressing at this stage, you are in a better position to seek a consultation from your surgeon as the initial inflammation will or should have gone by then.  But bare in mind that the final outcome may not be apparent until several months later.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 07:23:52 AM by phantom »

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
Hello yourself, order66

I had my surgery july 6th, 05

after about 3 weeks I noticed some hard tissue build up on the arm pit sides of my nipples(more so on the right side). anyhow, my surgeon instructed me to message the area quite vigorously atleast 2 times a day to break down the scar tissue. This infact did the trick, it's been about 8 months now and I must say I am very pleased with the results.(I only had to message for a few weeks)

Every ones body heals at a different pace, so I offer you this advice: don't make the mistake I did of worrying yourself to death. give your body enough time to heal properly(between 6 months to a year), before you decide if your surgery was successful or not.

hope this helps

Rob
1 year post op, it's going to be a good summer

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
pic rob? b4/after?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024