Author Topic: tamoxifen with creatine?  (Read 11591 times)

Offline surferdude

• Posting Member
ok i went to the dr today about my gynecomastia, and she prescribed me tamoxifen, as i asked for it, seeing many on this forum using it with good results. but she advised against taking creatine with it since it deals with testosterone and estrogen as well. well i really don't wanna stop, because i workout every day and am trying to get ripped by the summer. she said there hadn't been any studies done to see if the 2 conflicted, since creatine isn't over the counter or prescription, it's considered herbal or whatever. i was just wondering if anyone on this board has taken creatine along with a type of medication for gynecomastia. please let me know. thanks!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 09:36:55 AM by surferdude »

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
i wouldnt touch creatine i got better results with WHey protein

i move up 10 lbs a week usually on benching. (5 each side).

Creatine damages your kidneys, esp if you like to party youll feel it when your 25-30 ish i know alot of my cousins friends cant even drink/party as much because their kidneys wouldnt make 40 if they did....

Offline surferdude

• Posting Member
well i'm takin whey protein as well. i make sure i get at least my body weight in grams of protein every day.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
then whats the point of taking creatine aside from kidney damage?

Offline surferdude

• Posting Member
because don't they help in different ways? creatine gives your muscles ATP so that they can work harder in short spurts, and also retains water in your muscles to make them look bigger. protein gives your muscles the fuel to gain actual weight mass.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
Protein gives you the power to heal ur muscles quicker and add mass by providing nutrients.

Creatine does the same thing..

Water is retained either way through increased mass and being 70% water creatine may help 5-6% more in this respect.

Creatine is a chemicalish type of  supplement/replacement to protein i.e lab protein.

Both provide energy making your muscles work more

Protein is natural

Creatine is chemical

i'd throw the creatine away my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 10:15:53 AM by brownman »

Offline surferdude

• Posting Member
aright well any idea if tamoxifen and creatine will conflict? oh and is whey protein better than, say, protein in milk or soy protein? is there a difference in which protein helps your muscles more?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 10:18:24 AM by surferdude »

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
soy and whey differ slightly Whey is probly 10-20% better for lifting.. btu slightly more caloric intake..

soy is really for those with milk alergy..

Milk protein is similar to whey (dairy) protein if not exactly the same. 8 Ounces of milk = 7/8 G of protein

They will probably conflict somehow, i think i read soemwhere creatien can also encourage Gyne growth........ not positive on that, so maybe they'd cancel eachother out?

Yey home time :D ill b back in 2hours..
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 10:21:19 AM by brownman »

Offline surferdude

• Posting Member
ok well i'm not POSITIVE i have gynecomastia, but i have like these knot-like substances behind my nipples and the dr. couldn't really tell if it was gyne or my pecs. i've never really felt another man's breast, lol, so i'm not sure if those rocks behind my nipples are my pecs or gyne. they used be VERY tender and every time my friends gave me a titty twister, it hurt like hell. they're not tender anymore tho. i know i have puffy nipples, but that might be it. my nipples look almost perfectly normal when they're cold and shrivel up. they just look a lil wrinkly since they're all shriveled. what do you think?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 10:26:17 AM by surferdude »

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello surgerdude

Given that gynaecomastia translates as 'woman-like breasts' would you say you have 'woman-like breasts'?

If you have anything like I did in my before pic below, then yes, that is certainly gynaecomastia.  However, what you describe sounds possibly like a small concentration of glandular tissue located just behind your nipple that can make your nipples and areola stick out, then you could have a very mild case.  Remember that you are in good company - around 50% of the male population has some kind of glandular tissue present in the pectoral area.

Only you know if what you have actually bothers you and you want to do something about it.

Hope that helps.

Offline surferdude

• Posting Member
yeah it does bother me. kids can be quite harsh at the pool. i'm 18. but yeah the dr. said it wasn't bad at all, but it still bothers me. i still wanna get somethin done about it.

Offline Sir_Puffs-a-lot

• Bronze Member
Creatine helps you lift MORE weight when you're in the gym; it preps you for your workout by allowing your muscles to store more energy. Whey protein BUILDS the muscle after your workout; it facilitates muscle repair AFTER your workout. Creatine's NOT synthetic, your body produces it naturally. You don't need creatine really unless you want to get HUGE. You can get big and ripped without creatine; I used to take it, but quit a while ago, and am now lifting way more than I was. It could cut time off building muscle, but you really don't need it.  It's a huge compound and tough on your kidneys when they filter it, that's what messes 'em up. It's up to you man, there's no real research on the tamoxy/creatine thing, so you'll just have to play with it. Later, - J.  
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 11:34:42 AM by Sir_Puffs-a-lot »

Offline cptam

• Bronze Member
Sorry guys….. You have creatine all wrong!!!

Creatine is the most studied nutritional supplement in the world..

Now for a few facts!!!!

Creatine Monohydrate in its raw form is in-fact hard on the kidneys…
Between 1980-1995… That is about all you could get and yes, some studies demonstrated it to be taxing on the kidneys.

Most of what is available today is not raw creatine.

Most creatine comes in a carbohydrate transport system to help shuttle the creatine thru the body and dramatically improve absorption.

With the advancements of Creatine Ethyl Ester I suspect things will only get better in reference improved absorption and utilization of the product.

Remember Creatine and Protein are apples and oranges… A balanced training program and diet will likely include both.

I can be more detailed if you like on the specific mechanisms and metabolic processes of either product if you like…. Just ask!!

I see no issue with taking creatine and your Tamoxifen..

Peace,

cptam

Offline surferdude

• Posting Member
so i don't have to worry about them conflicting with each other? don't they both alter your testosterone and estrogen levels? and i heard somewhere that creatine can actually cause gyne. is that true?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 03:20:39 AM by surferdude »

Offline cptam

• Bronze Member
so i don't have to worry about them conflicting with each other? don't they both alter your testosterone and estrogen levels? and i heard somewhere that creatine can actually cause gyne. is that true?

Creatine has NOTHING to do with Testosterone or Estrogen.

Tamoxifen is a site-specific estrogen antagonist as it only affects estrogen in breast tissue.

If you body build it (Tamox) does reduce IGF (Insulin Like Growth Factor)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024