Author Topic: zinc and balding.  (Read 3767 times)

Offline nycteen

• Posting Member
In a previous post someone suggested taking zinc supplements to improve testosterone levels. I have been taking zinc for couple months and I must say it works but... I am only 16 and I am scared I have a bald spot. I know balding is related to too much testosterone. Male baldness does not run in my family although I can't say for sure, my dad and grandfather never balded and I take after them almost exactly. I wouldd escribe htem as having a low testosterone level not like to the point where they have hypogonadism but like on the lower side of a healthy level. Could taking the zinc supplements to improve my testosterone have caused me to start balding? I dont think m hairline has receded but I have a bald spot on my cranium but then again it could just be my imagination. The spot is where the hair starts so it may jsut be where the hair goes in all different directions and looks like a spot. If it is related to the zinc would stop taking the zinc now stop the balding or is it already set in motion? I know this has nothing to due with gyno I just posted it because someone here suggested taking the supplements. Im really stressed out and paranoid about this.

Offline kcb

I always heard the baldness gene comes from your mother's side.

Offline nycteen

• Posting Member
I think that's a wives tale... Genes come from either of the parents it's not known what genes come from what parents it's done totally random at fertilization.

Offline brm

• Bronze Member
Can't say for sure but I don't believe that zinc has anything to do with balding. I even believe that zinc oxide is advised in balding cases. Unless you take very high doses and even so....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024